Hobbies

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
You must have read that somewhere.....or, you are having one!:p

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Seems that politicians might be especially prone to affairs:
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/17/136395606/are-politicians-especially-prone-to-affairs?ft=1&f=1001

My wife is happy that audiophiles are not prone to having extra marital affairs - imagine all the listening hours lost. When I think hot, sultry, seductive, I think vacuum tubes.

how about politician audiophiles :cool:

without admitting to anything, I did not have much hobbies when I was younger :eek:

now that I am a bit older, I am into aquahobby and audio and a little bit of auto... zero urge

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
It's not a good statement about our gender, but I think the men who are most prone to infidelity are those with the most opportunity. Rich? Handsome? Famous? Affairs. Poor? Unattractive? Lacking in anything that resembles charisma? True blue. It's like the old joke: Why do rock stars date super models? Because they can.

Tim

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Tim-I think you nailed it. Did anyone see that South Park Tiger Woods episode? They nailed it too.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Guys that have extramarital affairs often consider that to be THEIR hobby!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Guys that have extramarital affairs often consider that to be THEIR hobby!

I simply don't have the strength. For a short time, when I was re-singled in early mid-life, I was seeing three women at once. It was exhausting. After a few months, I just picked the best of them and stuck with her. The planning alone was too much for me.

Tim

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I simply don't have the strength. For a short time, when I was re-singled in early mid-life, I was seeing three women at once. It was exhausting. After a few months, I just picked the best of them and stuck with her. The planning alone was too much for me.

Tim

I had to write things down to make sure I picked up where I left off. I went as far as to take photos of the layout of her stuff in case I had to "store" them if another woman happen to show up!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I had to write things down to make sure I picked up where I left off. I went as far as to take photos of the layout of her stuff in case I had to "store" them if another woman happen to show up!

The things we do for love....

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Found a pair of stillettos under my bed the other day. hHMMMM....(must call her).

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm just glad I get paid for my "hobby"!

Happy the man is the one who's making his living by doing his hobby - loosely quoted from George Benard Shaw.

I envy you Bruce. ;-)

I don't think that Bruce makes his living from his hobby. Like me, he's not getting rich with this hobby, but look on the bright side - at least we get paid for doing what we love :D

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The things we do for love....

Tim

I believe that was the name of a song by 10cc. I guess Arnold will now be known as the Sperminator instead of the Terminator. Maybe his signature tagline "I'll be back" will have to change to "I'll be back in your crack."

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mistresses are more expensive than audio. Divorces the most expensive of all! I have no wish to try either ;) ;) ;) All in all I'm glad I sowed my wild oats early even if I sort of earned a reputation as a cad early, I ended up happily married. When temptation comes, I've got "been there done that" to fall back on. My late bloomer friends haven't been so lucky. A big part of it is that they somehow feel they missed out and are trying to make up for it at the wrong time.

BTW I also think I no longer have the time or energy. Besides, these things never end well. The guy always end up behind the eight ball or worse.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Hey... why don't you just hook up with a woman you can't stand and buy her a house. I've done it 3 times now! That way you won't waste your time with all this "courting and sparking":rolleyes:

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Mistresses are more expensive than audio. Divorces the most expensive of all! I have no wish to try either ;) ;) ;) All in all I'm glad I sowed my wild oats early even if I sort of earned a reputation as a cad early, I ended up happily married. When temptation comes, I've got "been there done that" to fall back on. My late bloomer friends haven't been so lucky. A big part of it is that they somehow feel they missed out and are trying to make up for it at the wrong time.

BTW I also think I no longer have the time or energy. Besides, these things never end well. The guy always end up behind the eight ball or worse.

Jack, you live in the country with the biggest (and best) temptations in the world. I think that I sowed 70% of my wild oats there before I got married. As you said, been there, done that, and now that I'm married, there's absolutely no urge or temptation any more.

My stories as a "hobbyist" would raise a lot of hairs on this forum :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack, you live in the country with the biggest (and best) temptations in the world.

Oh yes. Huge concentration of beautiful women because of the ethnic diversity. Hmmm. I should stop now before "been there done that" becomes "just one more time"!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing