HFA Reviews Antipodes Audio OLADRA G4 Music Server

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Christiaan Punter puts the upgraded Antipodes Audio OLADRA G4 music server thru its paces.

“The server has a wholly unforced delivery with huge emotional involvement.”

“it looks absolutely stunning, offers a wealth of options, and delivers the sonic goods”

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
This is noteworthy:

“There are two key areas in which the G4 upgrade notably improves the sound compared to the original model. First, all the Reclocker outputs sound bolder and more expressive, yet at the same time, still lush and organic and in no way strident, synthetic, or technical. Second, the USB output now sounds fantastic! With the new USB output, the Oladra presents all the upticks in control, incisiveness, crispness, and expression I am familiar with from the format, but this time without sacrificing even an ounce of musicality! This allows users complete freedom to choose the output that best matches their setup, room acoustics, or personal taste.”

• Love
Reactions: OLADRA

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Anyone has one on this forum ?

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
I have the G4 OLADRA too, upgraded from a K50 v1. The HFA review is spot on and matches my experience with it.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I have the G4 OLADRA too, upgraded from a K50 v1. The HFA review is spot on and matches my experience with it.
So very good musical engagement factor ?
Gets you closer to analogue more than other servers ?

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
So very good musical engagement factor ?
Gets you closer to analogue more than other servers ?
Even my more humble K30 achieved that. More so with the K50. Musical engagement factor and the positives of vinyl are key strengths of the Antipodes servers.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I recently compared the DCS Rossini APEX and Mola Mola Tambaqui DACs to the Chord Dave in my system. I decided to keep my Dave and instead of continuing to evaluate DACs I ordered the Oladra.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
The Oladra has the most impact on my system than any other component that I have ever heard in my system. The richness of instruments and naturalness of voices, the enveloping soundstage, dynamics, realism, detail while sounding relaxed is simply outstanding in my system. I will write a small review in the next couple of days describing what songs I used and how they sound.

What's amazing to me is a Antipodes dealer told me that a DAC would have far more impact than upgrading to the Oladra, but that isn't the case in my system...more to follow.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
The Oladra has the most impact on my system than any other component that I have ever heard in my system. The richness of instruments and naturalness of voices, the enveloping soundstage, dynamics, realism, detail while sounding relaxed is simply outstanding in my system. I will write a small review in the next couple of days describing what songs I used and how they sound.

What's amazing to me is a Antipodes dealer told me that a DAC would have far more impact than upgrading to the Oladra, but that isn't the case in my system...more to follow.
Great feedback thanks.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I've played the Oladra all night and day for the past four days. Today I listened to Larry Carlton Fingerprints, Marcus Roberts In Concert for a Cause, KEM LIVE, Joe Sample The Song Lives On, and several others. Prior to the Oladra, adding REL subwoofers had the most impact on my system. I had a Antipodes K21 and K41 prior to the Oladra. The Oladra just makes me want to listen to music...everything sounds more focused and real. The K21/K41 combination is very good. In my opinion the Oladra is definitely the next level, easy surpassing everything the K21/K41 does.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
audio.bill,

Thanks so much. I love this hobby and getting a component that pushes my system to the next level is such a wonderful feeling. It's so hard to describe the improvements without sounding like I'm crazy or exegerrating. I know it's only a music server, but they can make a significant difference. Instruments have pop, instruments and voices have more body, the soundstage extends further to the outside of the speakers and the perception of more depth has been improved. My next venture is to revisit powercords.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
audio.bill,

Thanks so much. I love this hobby and getting a component that pushes my system to the next level is such a wonderful feeling. It's so hard to describe the improvements without sounding like I'm crazy or exegerrating. I know it's only a music server, but they can make a significant difference. Instruments have pop, instruments and voices have more body, the soundstage extends further to the outside of the speakers and the perception of more depth has been improved. My next venture is to revisit powercords.
As you well know by now, there's no end to the madness in this hobby/obsession. There's always something better out there to be discovered which can reveal new nuances in the music we treasure. All the best to you!

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
As you well know by now, there's no end to the madness in this hobby/obsession. There's always something better out there to be discovered which can reveal new nuances in the music we treasure. All the best to you!
Yes, there's always something better. I'm where I want to be with my main components, so I'm going to revisit power cords and speaker cables.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I know I probably shouldn't post this, but the Oladra has really taken my system to another level. So much so, that I've decided to revist DACs again.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I know I probably shouldn't post this, but the Oladra has really taken my system to another level. So much so, that I've decided to revist DACs again.
It's very likely that with the increased resolution and lower noise of the Oladra feeding them, DAC performance would need to be reevaluated. Please keep us informed of your progress. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing