Hello from Seattle

Anil Kalagatla

Mar 3, 2011
Shoreline, WA
Thanks Mike, my plan is to do exactly that: live with a stable configuration for a while before any radical changes. And thanks for the recommendation as well - I will reach out to Gary once enough time has passed with a stable room.

Ron: Unfortunately, I don't have too much freedom in moving the speakers so far into the room as there are plans for the other end of the room (this is a somewhat of a multi-purpose room that I can't quite dedicate to audio fully). I'm already encroaching into the main seating area :) But I will try and see how much I can get away with pushing them away from the walls. I know that despite what Avantgarde says, the conventional wisdom on this forum seems to be that it's better to give them more room.

Anil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing