Hello from AZ

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
Hi All,

New user here from Tucson, AZ. I've been an audiophile since my early teens and found this forum while researching Rockport. After poking around a bit I came to appreciate the level-headed discourse here (as opposed to so many of the other audio forums).

I look forward to getting to know everyone and, hopefully, being able to add some substance to the discussions.

-Andrew

Welcome to the SBF, Andrew! Researching Rockport, huh? Very nice.

My dealer, and friend, recently parted ways with Wilson and is in the process of picking up Rockport. I've had a few different Wilson products in the past and was considering a pair of Sashas, but with the imminent arrival of Rockport I started devouring any information I could get on the products. After a conversation with Andy Payor about my wants and needs I'm pretty much convinced that the Aquilas are going to be my next speaker. Just waiting for my dealer to get his demos so that I can listen to them prior to placing an order.

I have not heard the Aquilas, but I do have fairly extensive experience with the Sashas. Every Rockport speaker I have heard has been absolutely wonderful. As such, if you wind up wavering between the Aquilas and Sashas, well... what a nice problem to have, not to even mention the possibility of upgrading your amps to Series III, which I am told by a very reliable source is a fantastic upgrade.

I have not heard the Aquilas, but I do have fairly extensive experience with the Sashas. Every Rockport speaker I have heard has been absolutely wonderful. As such, if you wind up wavering between the Aquilas and Sashas, well... what a nice problem to have, not to even mention the possibility of upgrading your amps to Series III, which I am told by a very reliable source is a fantastic upgrade.

I've come to find that this is the forum of "happy problems!"

Sashas are out as due to circumstances surrounding the "break-up" I've decided that I will never EVER purchase another Wilson product. The other option was moving from Vandersteen 5As to 7s, but I'm ready for a change... I'm really looking forward to hearing the Rockports.

I would not say all reports.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to WBF.

If you don't mind my asking, why will you never ever purchase another Wilson product?

Sam

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to WBF.

If you don't mind my asking, why will you never ever purchase another Wilson product?

Sam

I am curious as well but of course I am biased

Welcome to WBF Andrew.

BTW Andy does indeed make magnificent speakers

The behavior of Wilson (the company) completely lacked professionalism in dealing with one of their oldest and most successful dealers. It has nothing to do with me personally, but I've decided to express my disapproval with my wallet.

The behavior of Wilson (the company) completely lacked professionalism in dealing with one of their oldest and most successful dealers. It has nothing to do with me personally, but I've decided to express my disapproval with my wallet.

One can't argue with that.

Hi Andrew, nice meeting you! :)

Did Bob Ludwig, mastering audio engineer, at one point used Rockport loudspeakers in his studio?

I also believe he used ATC loudspeakers before, and Wegg loudspeakers => Wegg3 Loudspeakers

* But now and for quite a while he's using Eggleston Works "Ivy" loudspeakers in his main recording studio.

{Would be cool to have Bob among us here at What's Best!}

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. One of my long time audio friend here has very happy memories of his Rockport tangential tonearm. If the tonearm is a gauge of Rockport's performance, I am sure your experiences with their speakers will be pleasurable.

Sam

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing