Has anyone heard the Devialet D-Premier Integrated Amp/DAC

what are the benefits of the above?
Well the quick answer is that it sounds better! you get less useless mass in the plug itself, kinda the same idea that's behind the WBT nextgen and Eichmann plugs.

It's easy to try and if you don't like it you can screw the plugs back on so it's a completely reversible tweak.

Well the quick answer is that it sounds better! you get less useless mass in the plug itself, kinda the same idea that's behind the WBT nextgen and Eichmann plugs.

It's easy to try and if you don't like it you can screw the plugs back on so it's a completely reversible tweak.

not sure i could pick up the difference and my handyman skills are not exactly great

Kidding? I guess you don't :)

Of course not! this is also similar what Transparent did when they went from MM to MM2 tech they got rid of all the metal in the connector housing.

Try it for yourself, it isn't hard to do ;)

Utan1.jpgUtan2.jpg

not sure i could pick up the difference and my handyman skills are not exactly great

It's just a screw it doesn't take much in way of handiness and if you can't detect the difference you're probably in the wrong hobby ;)

Last edited:
Witch one are you using Ekmanc ?

Nordost will make one with plug who fits back on the Devialet,did that with a Frey 2 :)

Right now I have a Valhalla from the wall to my Thor and a shorter Valhalla from the Thor to the Devialet.

I'm thinking of fitting the Furutech FI-50 plugs on them.

You should try the speaker plug tweak! it works great :)

Got an email from Devialet allowing me to try the beta version which is 7.0.0. Of course, I upgraded as soon as I got home! So far, seems there is even more presence and better separation of instruments. Will keep listening and reporting.

I also upgraded my Devialet. My 170 changed to 200!!! So it looks very nice. Big change in power! Because 110 change to 120 and 240 to 250. I am very happy thay I bought 170;-)...After upgrade I also noticed better seperation of instruments. For now it seems that sound is a bit smoother than before.

It's just a screw it doesn't take much in way of handiness and if you can't detect the difference you're probably in the wrong hobby ;)

Hi Ekmanc,
is there a trick ? I can not fully remove the outer casing, it's fixed in the plastic part somehow. Don't want to destroy something...
I know what less metal mass can do, I'm also using WBT Nextgen speaker terminals which is clearly audible.

Hi Ekmanc,
is there a trick ? I can not fully remove the outer casing, it's fixed in the plastic part somehow. Don't want to destroy something...
I know what less metal mass can do, I'm also using WBT Nextgen speaker terminals which is clearly audible.

Well you unscrew it as much as you can and then when it stops there's a tiny tiny metal ring inside that stops it from coming off fully. You need to continue screwing until that pops off and then you can remove the whole thing. Don't worry there is nothing that you can destroy really and the caps are easy to put back in place again, you just have to screw harder until you loosen that little ring, you'll see it inside once you get the first plug off.

thanks, will try that tomorrow. Just enjoying the big improvements in SQ from the new firmware...

yes, lots of never heard microdetails. Better control over the whole frequency band which results in the disappearence of the last stressful moments (only a few left with the Devialet anyway) in my music collection.

I have installed it this morning, not have had the chance to listen to it yet, will do that tonight.

Cheers,
Bernard

Updated to the beta firmware. I have a question - the configurator has the original hard-coded limits in for power (170W in my case) so I'm not able to increase it to 200W. Is it really now 200W despite showing 170W in the configurator? That would be deeply confusing. Is there a beta configurator perhaps or can the file be hand-edited?

[edit] I removed my config file and booted in factory config. It's definitely showing 200W now in the status display.

[edit again] I created a custom config file with max 170W configured, and it shows as 200W in the status display. I guess this confusion will get sorted when the configurator is updated.

Ok, I think there might be some issues if you use a config file generated from the 6.0 configurator. Despite showing 200W on the status display it didn't actually sound any different to me. Also the mute button stopped working! Reverted to factory config - well, I just removed the SD card - and it's better. Sounds like more power, mute button working again.

This is beta software of course.

[edit] Forgive me. I've just discovered the new configurator. *blushes*

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing