han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
Very close to perfect I believe. (as perfect may not exist;)) Congratulations

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Jones99

Aug 10, 2017
Australia
Wow just stunned by the room and envious .I will be building soon so would really appreciate how the Pendragons are sounding in your room and whether you would change anything . Welcome to the Pendragon club!

Last edited:

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Beautiful room, next step upgrade your amps to Mephisto.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Very cool room ! What are the dimensions ? How does the Kuzma TT compare to the VYGER ? :)

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
Wow just stunned by the room and envious .I will be building soon so would really appreciate how the Pednragons are sounding in your room and whether you would change anything . Welcome to the Pendragon club!
:D:D:D It looks like we have already 4-5 Pendragons' owners here, so indeed the Gryphon Pendragons are well presented in the speaker high end sector.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Congratulations on a fabulous system. Your media collection seems extensive, how many records do you have?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Absolutely stunning...wow...what a room! Congrats. I also love the amps! Are those the Gryphon Reference Ones?

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Wow just stunned by the room and envious .I will be building soon so would really appreciate how the Pendragons are sounding in your room and whether you would change anything . Welcome to the Pendragon club!
Hey Jones how are you mate. It’s Gary from Melbourne with the magnapan 30.7s.speakers fully run in now much more meat on the bone. I also updated my pre and power and all cables. They sound much better now since you were over.got to move the horns out as well is my next step as they interfere with the sound.if your in Melbourne swing buy for a listen. Cheers

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Dear All,

My journey from Poseidon moved to Pendragon finally done during last year.
Aside from the speaker model change , also I did some room treatment experiment.
Pictures of my audio room , you can see the equipment I used as of now

View attachment 74020 View attachment 74020 View attachment 74021 View attachment 74022 View attachment 74023 View attachment 74024 View attachment 74025 View attachment 74026 View attachment 74027
Stunning room and equipment well done.

Jones99

Aug 10, 2017
Australia
Hey Jones how are you mate. It’s Gary from Melbourne with the magnapan 30.7s.speakers fully run in now much more meat on the bone. I also updated my pre and power and all cables. They sound much better now since you were over.got to move the horns out as well is my next step as they interfere with the sound.if your in Melbourne swing buy for a listen. Cheers
Hi Gary
I am well ....I may be over east coast in the not too distant future ...covid dependent so may take you up on that offer. If you ever make it to the west coast make sure you drop by for listen to the Pendragons

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hi Gary
I am well ....I may be over east coast in the not too distant future ...covid dependent so may take you up on that offer. If you ever make it to the west coast make sure you drop by for listen to the Pendragons
Great. Never been to the west coast but would like to hear the pendragons they look like something special.

Chanc95

Jul 6, 2015
Thanks for the kind words , my audio room is not big 6.2/8.0/3.0 (W/L/H) compared with other audiophile , though it was consider big here in Taiwan.
The sound of Pendragon in my ear and my flavor , not others.
1. Super fast bass response with punch you can feel in your chest , but not so strong compared with previous Poseidon.
2. Vivid 3D immerse soundstage , listen to Pendragon like you exactly sit in the concert hall , usually we can have 3D soundstage , but Pendragon give me more than 3D , so I use 3D immerse soundstage to describe the feel.
3. Pendragon can play loud as 110dB without audible distortion ( at least I can't hear ) exactly same as I measure in the live concert for Mahler No. 2 symphony.

Chanc95

Jul 6, 2015
Congratulations on a fabulous system. Your media collection seems extensive, how many records do you have?
Thanks for the good words , I start to collect Vinyl since high school , probably around 8 or 9 K for vinyl , and 5K more for CD. And just start learn how to use stream music. The volume of software is not an issue , but didn't not enough time to play them all is a big issue. It's kind of waste ,,,,,,

Reactions: jeff1225

Chanc95

Jul 6, 2015
Absolutely stunning...wow...what a room! Congrats. I also love the amps! Are those the Gryphon Reference Ones?
Thanks ! My previous Gryphon set up were all sold in the same time , including Pandora , Mephisto stereo and Poseidon. Yes , you are right , these are Reference one , they are pretty old but the sound is better than Antileon in my mind. Would love to get Mephisto back.

Chanc95

Jul 6, 2015
Very cool room ! What are the dimensions ? How does the Kuzma TT compare to the VYGER ? :)
My audio room is not big 6.2/8.0/3.0 (W/L/H) , Kuzma TT is more convenient to user and stable performance while Vyger is more complicated to use and maintain high standard of playing records. Vyger is more like luxury car while Kuzma was MB/BMW.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
You have taken very nice pictures, the room looks much bigger than the actual dimensions. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing