Great Music Movies

Lady Sings the Blues
Once

I'd have to include Eddie and the Cruisers with John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band

Maybe not for eveyone but I liked Songcatcher

Last edited:
I am amazed the following two have not been mentioned at all;
Blues Brothers (amazing names involved in this), and Cabaret.
Both significant musical films I would say, although in different ways.

Cheers
Orb

Car Wash....love that flick...need it on Blu-ray and lossless audio!

I am amazed the following two have not been mentioned at all;
Blues Brothers (amazing names involved in this), and Cabaret.
Both significant musical films I would say, although in different ways.

Cheers
Orb

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips. Cabaret is a major movie (All That Jazz also by Fosse is worth seeing). Another movie: Hair

Inspired by another thread in this forum. There are some great "music movies" out there. Here are a few of my favorites:

high_fidelity.jpg

almostfamous-669x1024.jpg

500_amadeus-300x210.jpg

walk-the-line.jpg

P

i watched Les Miserables, its a music movie, loved it

Standing in the Shadow of Motown
Almost Famous

'Sneakers'

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing