FTA (Final Touch Audio) Callisto USB cable

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
So in the <1000 USD range, the two stand out candidates is FTA Callisto and Intona Ultimate. Wonder has anyone compared these two. The next step in USB cables seems to be the heavy weight: Skogrand, Dalby, Siltech, Gobel, Nordost , Crystal Dream costing 2000 upwards.

With respect to the 2000 upwards category, I received word this week from one of my Pacific owners that he'll be replacing his Synergistic Research Gallileo with an FTA Callisto. I will see if I can get him to chime in here with further thoughts. :)

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
With respect to the 2000 upwards category, I received word this week from one of my Pacific owners that he'll be replacing his Synergistic Research Gallileo with an FTA Callisto. I will see if I can get him to chime in here with further thoughts. :)

Put him under some pressure! :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: johndoe21ro

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Here are some fascinating impressions from a customer of ours who uses the FTA USB and RCA interconnects. His system is housed in a fully dedicated, purpose engineered listening structure and is composed of a LampizatOr Pacific, Superkomputer, GM70 monos / Lamm ML2.2s and custom speakers and subs.

"By the way, the new USB cable is amazingly good, took one day to settle in but easily surpassed my Platinum Starlight cable. The SQ is quite dynamic and highly detailed with excellent spatial resolution although still not moving behind the front wall."

"OK, OK already. Yes, they're terrific and I have to have them. [FTA Ganymete interconnects] Combined with the FTA USB and the copper GM70s I'm floating on a stratospheric cloud!. My reference cables are the top end Anticables that were cryoed and burned in and were also treated with the new graphene product 2 months ago. Right out of the bag they were superior but now, with only about 10 or 12 hours on them they continue to astonish. They have what I would call "The Deep Look." That is, an ability to present hitherto unknown details present in the music in a completely relaxed, natural and "true to life " way. Absolutely grain free and tonally balanced from end to end of the audio spectrum.
Whoever it is that's making these cables knows what they're doing and they've hit this one out of the ballpark!"

Reactions: Golum and christoph

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Another very interested write up from a customer with an Antipodes DX and Kii Three:

My first impression was that the Callisto was leaner sounding than the Shunyata Venom. Better midrange articulation, but not quite as full and punchy in the bass. Better soundstaging too. Unfortunately my hearing in the high frequency range is somewhat limited by age and spending time on Army rifle ranges without earplugs. This was back in the early 70’s. What I can hear in the treble sounds smooth and refined though.

The biggest difference I notice between the two cables is that with the Callisto in the system I find myself listening to lyrics and actually understanding them, along with their emotional nuances. Imagine that. For whatever reason, I’ve always concentrated on the music far more than the lyrics. I played trombone in our high school band, where the music never had accompanying lyrics. Perhaps that’s why notes have always held more importance to me than lyrics.

I just listened to Shelby Lynne’s "Just A Little Lovin’" and for the first time ever, I didn’t wince when she sings “just a little lovin’ when the world is dawnin’”. I don’t know whether this means the Callisto is rounding off transients, or is more accurately presenting what’s on the disc. Lower distortion? I prefer to think it’s the latter. The bass is punchy and well articulated as well.

Sorry for the long diatribe. I think it’s obvious that I love the Callisto and intend to keep it.

saturdayboy

Aug 2, 2019
Just ordered and received a Callisto based on everyone’s recommendations. Just a few hours in but the nuance I am hearing in voices is scary good!!! Would love to hear more thoughts on the interconnects.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
While not the USBs, these custom Ganymede RCA interconnects featuring the exquisite Bocchino connectors came out too good not to share!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 8.23.58 AM(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 8.23.58 AM(1).jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 39
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 8.23.58 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 8.23.58 AM.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 39
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 8.23.59 AM(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 8.23.59 AM(1).jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 41
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 8.23.59 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 8.23.59 AM.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: christoph and Golum

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Stunning. How do they sound?

I am eager to find out myself! The regular Ganymede is a stunning interconnect, and the improvements these connectors bring were supposed to be extremely meaningful.

Unfortunately I'll have to wait to find out as this pair is headed straight to another continent. South Africa if I recall correctly.

respected_ent

Apr 7, 2017
So, any news on Synergistic Research Galileo ($3k) vs FTA Callisto ($1k)? Has anyone ever compared the 2?

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
So, any news on Synergistic Research Galileo ($3k) vs FTA Callisto ($1k)? Has anyone ever compared the 2?

I reached out again yesterday for some feedback and recieved as follows:

Hi K,

I hope you've been doing well!

I wondered if you might have a moment to summarize some of your impressions of the FTA Calisto vs. the Synergistic USB you had been using. I had another interested party who wanted to know about that comparison.

Thanks so much in advance for anything you can share.

Fred
Show quoted text

Hi Fred,

The FTA cable is more organic, and presents more fleshed out images compared to the SR cable. I have also noticed stronger and more tuneful bass, and a better midrange. Very happy with the purchase. I recommend anyone to give it a try.

Cheers,
K

Reactions: christoph and Golum

Echos

Jul 14, 2019
Hi Folks,

has anyone here compared this to the Lush^2 usb cable. The lush cable gets rave reviews on CA and is 1/3rd the price of this usb.

Thanks,
E

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Anyone has compared with the intona ultimate USB cable?

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I'm excited to announce we will be debuting the Final Touch Audio cables at Capital Audiofest alongside LampizatOr and Audionec.

DSG-COLLAGE-312-page-001.jpg

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Fred at Lampizator NA sent me one of these cables to audition. I am comparing it to my current Sablon Audio USB cable which I really like.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Fred at Lampizator NA sent me one of these cables to audition. I am comparing it to my current Sablon Audio USB cable which I really like.
Please tell us about your findings.
I'm very curious about the outcome :cool:

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Have you ever used a Sablon? They are really nice.
No never.
When I asked for a demo cable, I would have had to buy it first :rolleyes:
No demo cables outside the UK ;)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
No never.
When I asked for a demo cable, I would have had to buy it first :rolleyes:
No demo cables outside the UK ;)

If I do end up buying the FTA I will be happy to send the Sablon to you to try out.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing