Esoteric A-100 vs a03

Pani

Jun 4, 2013
Friends,
I am currently using a Wavac 300B amplifier with my Tannoy turnberry SE speakers. While I am enjoying the luxurious Wavac ride but there are always times that I feel the 10 watts Wavac is not enough. Especially while listening to Rock and pop music when I would like to crank it up and have fun, the music doesnt sound very comfortable. I know I should not be doing this with a 300B tube amp but then I listen to all kinds of music and I dont own a 100db sensitive speaker.

The choice is now either to go with a powerful push-pull which has the overall purity of an SET or a more drastic step towards a good solid state amplifier. I have heard the Esoteric a03 and liked it a lot driving a pair of Maggies. But I have never heard the A-100. Esoteric says that A-100 sounds as pure and neutral as master tapes, thats a serious claim, but then they are manufacturers. Can anyone here give me an idea of which of these amps would be a better buy for sonic purity, neutrality and dynamics ?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I saw your post on CJ ET3SE and Classic amp...more color than you prefer. I use CJ with Class A SS amplification, and have done so for a number of years. First ACT2+ Antileon and now CJ GAT + Colosseum. Interestingly, the dealer from whom I bought the GAT loves the Esoteric amp and I trust him. So definitely a serious consideration in my book.

Pani

Jun 4, 2013
LL21, can you please help me ask this query about A-100 vs a03 to your dealer friend ? He may have heard both of them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing