DS Audio 003 optical cartridge

gajgmusic

Apr 9, 2013
I have used a Schröder with my Grand Master. It works very well. I have heard the Viv Labs tonearm is also an excellent match.

Bertrand D

Apr 1, 2021
Paris
I have used a Schröder with my Grand Master. It works very well. I have heard the Viv Labs tonearm is also an excellent match.
What is the effective mass of your Schröder tonearm?
Do other 003 users have any additional tonearm suggestion? For example, Kuzma 4 point or Thales? I understand that a very low mass tonearm would be best. Many thanks.

Sallingboe Audio

Mar 19, 2020
Denmark
sallingboeaudio.com
Hi everyone

I know it was just released recently but I was wondering if any one has had a chance to hear DS Audio’s new 3rd generation $6000.00 optical cartridge yet? Model is the 003. Fremer said that the entry level cartridge was amazing at $2750.00. Thank you.

Best regards
Scot
HI Scot
Yes we visited FInk Team some months ago to hear the new EPOS loudspeakers they launched at the Munich show this year. Fink owns a DS-003 which he played for us and I must say we liked it very much, actually so much we are now distributor for DS-Audio in Denmark :)

rDin

Oct 28, 2019
Can anybody with the DS-003 energizer confirm that both outputs are always active? I record all my albums as I play them and need a second output to feed my ADC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing