Dennis Foley Acoustic Fields

ppentium100

Jun 24, 2022
CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

Late in November, 2021, I sent Dennis Foley (Acoustic Fields) a large deposit for the construction of 12 absorption panels. The project would take 90 days, Foley said. I gave him room dimensions. He did not ask for photos or a layout of the room's equipment or furnishings.

Early in March, I emailed Foley about progress of the project. "In April," he informed me. At that time, I also requested a change in 1 of the dimensions of the sidewall panels. The presence of equipment and furniture would make it impossible to accommodate 4 30" wide panels along each sidewall. I asked that these panels be reduced to 20". "I will make the change,"he said. Now, late in April, I emailed again. "In May." he said. Toward the end of May, when it was clear that Foley would not meet this commitment either, I emailed him that if he were not able to complete the project by July 1--that is, 7 months after I made the deposit--I'd like to get a refund. He responded, not about the project, about acquisition of materials, etc. He left a phone message that the panels had been ready for a week. If I didn't pick them up soon, he would begin charging storage fees and restocking charges. This was his first notification about the panels. In response, I emailed that I wanted to see photos of the finished panels and a bill of lading, in order to verify the existence of the panels. Instead, he sent me a "revised" invoice that now included $1500 in storage fees and an additional--yes, additional--$1000 in shipping fees.. That's right. He demanded that I pick up the panels, but was billing me for shipping !!!!

Underlying this issue of deceit is Foley's neglecting to make the change in panel width that he'd agreed to make in March.To me, this error invalidates the entire Agreement.

I've hired a PI and an attorney in Hot Springs, AR to track him down and serve papers upon him.
Foley is slippery and elusive. He is a practiced and dedicated miscreant. How many other customers will he bilk before someone or some authority stops him. This obliquitous behavior must be stopped

I welcome any recommendations or suggestions.
Phil

Reactions: QuadDiffuser

Apk99 delete

Nov 8, 2021
From the end of May when Foley left a voice mail saying the panels had been ready for 1 week, how much time elapsed between then and your receipt of the revised invoice for $1500 in storage fees? Was it days, weeks, or months? Just trying to understand how that figure was arrived at, not questioning your claim

ppentium100

Jun 24, 2022
From the end of May when Foley left a voice mail saying the panels had been ready for 1 week, how much time elapsed between then and your receipt of the revised invoice for $1500 in storage fees? Was it days, weeks, or months? Just trying to understand how that figure was arrived at, not questioning your claim

ppentium100

Jun 24, 2022
Hello
Hello,
Interesting question. Dennis left his phone message on June 2. He sent the revised invoice with the additional charges on June 6.
These specific issues with Foley beg the conclusion that from the outset he never intended to undertake this project: 1) never asked for
photos or diagram of room's furnishings; 2) never communicated about progress (or retrogress) of work on project; 3) failure to incorporate revised dimension of sidewall panels (ie, 20" as opposed to 30") can be attributed to forgetfulness, but I doubt that.
Thanks for your interest. Phil

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

Late in November, 2021, I sent Dennis Foley (Acoustic Fields) a large deposit for the construction of 12 absorption panels. The project would take 90 days, Foley said. I gave him room dimensions. He did not ask for photos or a layout of the room's equipment or furnishings.

Early in March, I emailed Foley about progress of the project. "In April," he informed me. At that time, I also requested a change in 1 of the dimensions of the sidewall panels. The presence of equipment and furniture would make it impossible to accommodate 4 30" wide panels along each sidewall. I asked that these panels be reduced to 20". "I will make the change,"he said. Now, late in April, I emailed again. "In May." he said. Toward the end of May, when it was clear that Foley would not meet this commitment either, I emailed him that if he were not able to complete the project by July 1--that is, 7 months after I made the deposit--I'd like to get a refund. He responded, not about the project, about acquisition of materials, etc. He left a phone message that the panels had been ready for a week. If I didn't pick them up soon, he would begin charging storage fees and restocking charges. This was his first notification about the panels. In response, I emailed that I wanted to see photos of the finished panels and a bill of lading, in order to verify the existence of the panels. Instead, he sent me a "revised" invoice that now included $1500 in storage fees and an additional--yes, additional--$1000 in shipping fees.. That's right. He demanded that I pick up the panels, but was billing me for shipping !!!!

Underlying this issue of deceit is Foley's neglecting to make the change in panel width that he'd agreed to make in March.To me, this error invalidates the entire Agreement.

I've hired a PI and an attorney in Hot Springs, AR to track him down and serve papers upon him.
Foley is slippery and elusive. He is a practiced and dedicated miscreant. How many other customers will he bilk before someone or some authority stops him. This obliquitous behavior must be stopped

I welcome any recommendations or suggestions.
Phil
this is so disturbing to hear. i have added a Warning at the beginning of my room build thread about his current behaviors. this is not the same person i dealt with otherwise i would be posting as you have. life is too short for this shit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing