dCS Release From John Giolas-for immediate release-RE dCS Bartok

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
dCS is pleased to announce that we have applied the technology developed for Rossini and Vivaldi 2.0 to our Bartók platform. Like Vivaldi and Rossini, this performance upgrade is available through a simple firmware update with no additional cost. This update to Bartók brings significant sonic and measured performance gains.

Bartók 2.0 includes the following:
  • Updated RingDAC mapping algorithm based on the Rossini and Vivaldi 2.0. The upgrade includes new user-selectable mapping optimizations to allow for further tailoring of the sonic character of the DAC.
  • Addition of a DSD128 (DSDx2) upsampling option adapted from Vivaldi 2.0 and Rossini 2.0
  • Addition of DSD Filter 5 from Vivaldi and Rossini 2.0

We are delighted with the performance increase that this update has brought to the Bartók platform and are excited to share these gains with our customers who have invested in Bartók.

To support the Bartók 2.0 software update, we have also updated dCS Mosaic. This update is available to all dCS customers as it also provides some minor fixes and stability improvements for dCS network products.

Bartók 2.0 will be available for installation on Tuesday, May 31st, 2022, at 10:00 AM GMT as a free firmware update. Please contact your customers to ensure that they are aware of the update availability and have the information needed to perform the update.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions........
John Giolas
VP Sales and Marketing

Reactions: Lee

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
This firmware upgrade is everything John Giolas writes above. It certainly "brings significant sonic and measured performance gains." to our Bartok.
Thanks to the dCS team for this wonderful upgrade and free as well!

Reactions: Steve Williams

hesavary

Nov 9, 2021
Good afternoon all,
My first post on the forum, while I have been looking daily during months.
I did the software upgrad yesterday on my Bartok and I need to report that I am impressed by the outcome.
I feel more clarity, transparency. Didn't have time to listen too long but first feeling is quite positive.
Would be more than happy to hear about experience from other Bartok owners.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Good afternoon all,
My first post on the forum, while I have been looking daily during months.
I did the software upgrad yesterday on my Bartok and I need to report that I am impressed by the outcome.
I feel more clarity, transparency. Didn't have time to listen too long but first feeling is quite positive.
Would be more than happy to hear about experience from other Bartok owners.
Welcome to WBF !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing