DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
first I´ll just hook up the accu with the zener, pot and fuse etc to check how it sounds
from there on it´s like a decision tree: pos go, neg stop ;)

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Fred, this might be a good tread to add your input on:)

Maybe we should have our respective bosses discuss business Deb and Tess! Those girls are no joke!

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Say what?
So, gents, Fred is a friend and colleague with extensive experience with the Dava FC cart and this message was meant for him directly:)

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Leif, thanks for the note. Fred is a friend and colleague and has raved to me about the sound of his Dava. I was unaware they make several models so will study up:) That said, I will be at Fred's for 2 days of listening early next month and look forward to returning to this thread with a notation of which Dava model I heard and some first-hand listening experience. Best regards.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
Leif, thanks for the note. Fred is a friend and colleague and has raved to me about the sound of his Dava. I was unaware they make several models so will study up:) That said, I will be at Fred's for 2 days of listening early next month and look forward to returning to this thread with a notation of which Dava model I heard and some first-hand listening experience. Best regards.
I´m pretty sure he has the 1A, which is the NO-BRAINER of the cart market for the next years.... :D
they have their eastern border towards Belarus and that stupid jerk Lukaschenko, so I hope they´re left in peace...they´re luckily in NATO....

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Everybody,

I just received my DaVa SUT today. Previously I had been running my DaVa carts directly into the MC input of the NVO Spa II SE phono stage very successfully indeed - have been extremely happy with the performance indeed. I decided to get the SUT because I am looking at another phonostage, which is MM only. Anyway I decided to try the SUT into the MM input of the NVO this evening with a bunch of LPs I know well (mixture of classical small range and orchestral together with some Monk for good measure).

Right off the bat, my system has entered a whole new game. Was quite shocked just how much extra this would elevate everything. It is very dynamic, full, tonally textured, and just so alive. Plucked lower strings resonate and time really beautifully - this gives a gestalt to the overall presentation that is really satisfying but toe tapping and/or air conducting.

Darius has knocked this out the park - I highly recommend any DaVa owner buys the SUT. Total no brainer and annoyed at myself for not having done this sooner.

Will keep folks posted as it beds in over next couple of days.

Tokareckas

Jan 2, 2022
Hi Everybody,

I just received my DaVa SUT today. Previously I had been running my DaVa carts directly into the MC input of the NVO Spa II SE phono stage very successfully indeed - have been extremely happy with the performance indeed. I decided to get the SUT because I am looking at another phonostage, which is MM only. Anyway I decided to try the SUT into the MM input of the NVO this evening with a bunch of LPs I know well (mixture of classical small range and orchestral together with some Monk for good measure).

Right off the bat, my system has entered a whole new game. Was quite shocked just how much extra this would elevate everything. It is very dynamic, full, tonally textured, and just so alive. Plucked lower strings resonate and time really beautifully - this gives a gestalt to the overall presentation that is really satisfying but toe tapping and/or air conducting.

Darius has knocked this out the park - I highly recommend any DaVa owner buys the SUT. Total no brainer and annoyed at myself for not having done this sooner.

Will keep folks posted as it beds in over next couple of days.
Yes, it is a game changer. Which SUT have you got? Copper or silver/copper?

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Yes, it is a game changer. Which SUT have you got? Copper or silver/copper?

Hi,

I believe I have the all copper. I just went with what Darius suggested to me :)

Correction 18/03
It turns out I have the silver/copper.

Best.

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
The DaVa sut is quite a large ratio no?

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing