DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

this is more easy flowing and purer in tone without lacking any in tone department
speed pretty close to my cantileverless Rowland Complement/Ikeda

Reactions: Hifi man
27g including headshell or without?

27g including headshell or without?
only the cart.......the graphite headshell from Audiosilente in Italy is 14,9g in lightest version....the least sounding headshell I know of.....only disadvantage is it doesn´t dissapate heat at all, so you´ll have to restrict yourself to about 10,5-11vdc fc voltage

only the cart.......the graphite headshell from Audiosilente in Italy is 14,9g in lightest version....the least sounding headshell I know of.....only disadvantage is it doesn´t dissapate heat at all, so you´ll have to restrict yourself to about 10,5-11vdc fc voltage
You should try the Nelson Hold from ViV. It’s minimalistic and good for cooling. I tried my DaVa in my usual go to headshell the Audio Tekne carbon and it was better in the ViV.

have been playing on the Reference for 50-60 hours now and it´s spectacular
better separation, more resolved with even better tone, particularly in the top
must be the steal of the cart industri.....
Is Dava the same person who four five yrs ago made copy of Neumann DST? So now his own design field coil DaVa has sound resemble to DST? Do you know? Or quite different?

only DST clones I know of was
Lumiere from japan
Tzar from Ukraine
some guy from Berlin
and the new German one...which is more of a replika

I don´t think theese have the DST principle implemented...maybe to start with..
DaVa is made by Darius Valiunas in Lithuania

Darius has experience with DST. I asked him about the field coil vs DST he said he preferred the field coil :cool:

Darius has experience with DST. I asked him about the field coil vs DST he said he preferred the field coil :cool:

I know he had an original DST in for retipping not long ago actually. I think about 1 month back. He measured it also I remember.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing