CS port...another contender or ??

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
From the website today:

The platter material has been changed from stainless steel to brass, following the previous model's housing design of granite base, air float, and servo-less. With this change, even open-circuit type cartridges (*) using air-core coils are not affected by magnetic flux leakage, creating a quiet and expressive sound.

(*) Due to the open magnetic circuit and the powerful neodymium magnet used to secure the output, even non-magnetic stainless steel is magnetized, affecting the pickup of audio signals.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
My new CSPort TATM2. I got this a couple weeks ago and decided to sell it without opening it. No serious offers came in so I figured I’d better get it out of the crate and make sure everything is OK before too much time went by. Insane packaging and build quality (well, maybe not the air pump).

Inspected and tested but still for sale! Comes with a 5 year warranty.

Attachments

• FB736D0E-A099-4189-B480-CFA27C9DB7C6.jpeg
    FB736D0E-A099-4189-B480-CFA27C9DB7C6.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
My new CSPort TATM2. I got this a couple weeks ago and decided to sell it without opening it. No serious offers came in so I figured I’d better get it out of the crate and make sure everything is OK before too much time went by. Insane packaging and build quality (well, maybe not the air pump).

Inspected and tested but still for sale! Comes with a 5 year warranty.
went a different direction?

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Can you tell us a little about performance and sound of CS Port Tat2?
My experience is less than most on here but I directly replaced an AF5 and I would say the TAT2 is several levels above that. The presentation is quite a bit different with TAT2 being more lively and vivid, more texture in the bass with tauter drums, better detail/separation from top to bottom. I'm guessing the much heavier base, plinth, platter is provided significantly better isolation than what the AF5 has. I don't listen to that much audiophile music and the biggest compliment I can give is the TAT2 makes average recordings much more interesting and engaging.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
My experience is less than most on here but I directly replaced an AF5 and I would say the TAT2 is several levels above that. The presentation is quite a bit different with TAT2 being more lively and vivid, more texture in the bass with tauter drums, better detail/separation from top to bottom. I'm guessing the much heavier base, plinth, platter is provided significantly better isolation than what the AF5 has. I don't listen to that much audiophile music and the biggest compliment I can give is the TAT2 makes average recordings much more interesting and engaging.
low pressure, low flow air bearing and air film suspension adds much nuance and delicacy beyond the norm.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
So did anyone else get to hear the CS port Turntable or is it just a handful on here?

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Thinking of buying the TAT1M2 and using a Kuzma Safir arm on it. Anyone heard this combo?

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I would buy the CS Port LT and add the Safir arm as a Second Unit mounted to the Table.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
The Kuzma Safir is a 9 inch tonearm and won't fit with the TAT1 M2 because of the size of the platter. I had to swap my SAT 9 inch to a 12 inch when I acquired my TAT1 M2.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Thanks dcc. So the 9" Safir will not fit on TAT1M2 on back right of table using one of CS Ports custom tonearm mount?

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
I am afraid it won't. The TAT1 M2's platter has a diameter of 34.4 cm. At my request, CSPort made CAD simulations for my SAT 9 inch and it clearly showed it would not work. You might want to ask CSPort to do the same based on the Kuzma's technical drawings. You will anyway have to give CSPort the technical drawings of the arm of your choice as CSPort will need them to precisely cut the tonearm board.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Thanks again dcc, that's unfortunate. Would you know if the Safir would fit on their TAT2M2 table? Since getting the Safir arm I feel it is so wonderful that I'm not looking to part with it.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Imagine that I had to part with my SAT 9 inch to get a 12 inch. That swap was not cheap but I don't regret it at all considering the cumulative performance of the TAT1 M2 with the SAT tonearm. But like Phantom suggested, you should definitely consider having the CSPort linear tracking arm and a second arm.

Get the technical drawings of the Safir and ask CSPort to make you a CAD simulation but I suspect that like with the SAT 9 inch, the arm or its base will hit the platter.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Yes I've already sent Yusuke of CS Port all the info for the Safir arm. Yes I considered the LT from CS Port but since I usually only use 1 cartridge, currently (MSL Plat Sig) the expense of buying the LT arm plus another cartridge plus another SUT plus...plus it would turnout to be a HUGE expense. Also since hearing the Safir and having compared it to things like the 4Point 9 & 4Point 11" there was no comparison it was like listening to no tonearm at all.
I am enjoying the CS Port C3EQM2 phono and their IME1 Staic Eliminator. Just starting to burn-in their SUT.

Attachments

• C3EQM2.jpg
    C3EQM2.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IME1 with Stabi R.jpg
    IME1 with Stabi R.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 35

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
@dcc CSPort Machino made a CAD of the TAT1M2 with Safir and it seems like it will fit. I'm just going to confirm with Franc Kuzma a few items, like the position of the 3 holes that support the Safir mounting plate, then hopefully will order a TAT1M2 table.

1682772126894.png

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Well it's official my TAT1M2 will be leaving Japan by the end of this month ready to mount my Safir arm. Very exciting times ahead.

Reactions: shakti and dcc

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Well it's official my TAT1M2 will be leaving Japan by the end of this month ready to mount my Safir arm. Very exciting times ahead.
happy for you. CS Port tt's have a very high music goodness factor. singular in some ways. should be a great match with the Safir.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing