Crystal Cable Dreamline

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Without actually looking after this purchase, a pair of 1.5 mts Dreamlines from Crystal Cable ended up in my system, they have just some hours playing but I can safely post my findings here.

I am a Siltech fan, and have them all over from AC, Coax and interconnect, and Cristal Cable is the "sister company" of the former, so I originaly expected a similar "house sound", but I was wrong.

This Dreamlines are TOTL compared to what I have from Siltech and MIT that belong a step-down from the upper models, so the comparison could be not that fair, but that is what I have so...be it!.

Thess cables are fantastic! I would tag them as "modern sounding", with no sound of its own, very fast, revealing and organic (the only similar virtue that pairs them to my FTM4Gold which in comparison sound a tad more "fatty" and slow).

The Dreamlines excel on all sorts of music, bringing attack, punch, extension and transparency to all musical material (I listen just about everything fron Barroque to Zombie-music :) ) helping my system to become even more organic and fleshed-out, instrument size and charisma remains intact with good recordings and voices become as real as it can gets from what I am used to in my dedicated room.

Not cheap, but at the end the Dreamlines are actualy helping me to SAVE money!, I have no rush to swap any single component in my system!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I had the Dreamlines playing almost full day, they are opening up nicely, so my comments remain the same and re-vindicated.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations. The Crystal Dreamline cables are really great. I had the speaker cables and a 1m short interconnect for some time in my system, as an acquaintance was selling them used for a very nice price. They are very detailed, and manage to sound full, but are fast sounding. They sounded really good with the SoundLabs. However they are very expensive and at that time I needed a 5 or 6 meter XLR for preamplifier - amplifier connection that would cost a fortune. So no they are now part of the system of another friend, who is using a Dartzeel integrated amplifier.

Although audiophiles are supposed to love garden hose type cables, once you get used to the domestic and easy to place Dreamline's you will curse the damned huge boxes of networked cables ... ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congratulations. The Crystal Dreamline cables are really great. I had the speaker cables and a 1m short interconnect for some time in my system, as an acquaintance was selling them used for a very nice price. They are very detailed, and manage to sound full, but are fast sounding. They sounded really good with the SoundLabs. However they are very expensive and at that time I needed a 5 or 6 meter XLR for preamplifier - amplifier connection that would cost a fortune. So no they are now part of another friend system, using a Dartzeel integrated.

Although audiophiles are supposed to love garden hose type cables, once you get used to the domestic and easy to place Dreamline's you will curse the damned huge boxes of networked cables ... ;)

How did they compare to Transp Ref XL...where in the family of TA would you place them as equal/competitive?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
How did they compare to Transp Ref XL...where in the family of TA would you place them as equal/competitive?

The preference will depend mainly on speakers and electronics. At that time I found the Dreamline overall superior to the Valhalla, although they do not have the energy in the bass of the Valhala (or the Odin ...). I do not have experience with the more recent TA REF XL, only the very old ones. Using Wilson MAXX3 speakers I preferred the OPUS MM2 or Reference MM2 to the Dreamline. Unhappily the Dreamline's were already gone when I got the Aida's.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks microstrip - I also think these are fast cables, but to my ears they are also cleaner in the bass compared to thei FTM4Gold or the MIT Magnums, creating a nice synergy with my "slowish" Avalon Ascents :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing