Argento Serenity Speaker cable : poor build quality !

Argento Audio

Jul 27, 2023
Welcome to the forum. You have very nice, good sounding cables. Hopefully you can post more about your products. I am interested in your power distributor but can't find any information on your website about it.
Hello,

Thank You for your kind remarks!

Further information about the power distributor is avilable from our distributors. Just send me a PM with your country of residence and I they will get back to you with some info.

BR
Ulrik

Last edited:

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
Ulrik contacted my local dealer about the situation.

I don’t know what’s happened between them but I just received a email from the dealer : finally, I’ll be totaly refund from this cable after the return.

Thanks Ulrik

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
Hi everybody,

my cables arrived to my Argento dealer yesterday, I hope they will be refunded soon, before my holidays.

I sent 2 mails to my dealer and Ulrik, I’m waiting for them.

All best

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Ulrik!

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
I ordered in March.We are in August,

I have no speaker cable in my principal system and no refund from the Argento dealer.He didn’t answer to my emails.

I think he has gone to holiday without sending the refund.

I just spend a lot of money in a Argento speaker cable for nothing !

Yes I’m angry

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
After my last reply in this thread, Ulrik asked me if I was refunded.

today I can’t say that neither argento dealer or Argento refunded me…

dealer said to Ulrik that he has already send the money last week…

I don’t know how but it’s not a bank transfer.

I have no cables and no refund…a joke buying Argento cables.

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
For the audiogoners who asked for pictures and Audiomat94 in HCFR.fr :

This is the pictures of the 3rd Argento repair :

7-3.jpg IMG_5152.JPG IMG_5153.JPG

This excellent job was made by Argento (i wait one month for that !) = so poor labor and customer service, a real shame for a High End manufacturer.

Is there any excuses for that job = no...of course, It's the Argento High End Touch so no excuses.

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
Finaly,

Frédéric Baussard from cables-hifi.fr and Opus51.fr has sent the refund by the end of August…but he never answered to my emails…so nice !

To sum up : 6 months for nothing !

In the futur, no more stuffs from Argento or Organic audio company/Dealer , that’s for sure !

I’ll look after another brand for high end cables with good sound, good build quality and a very good consumer service….

Last edited:

Argento Audio

Jul 27, 2023
To give a complete picture of the situation I have made a timeline of the communication between Argento Audio and the OP.

Timeline:

July 28th: OP writes to us regarding the Serenity speaker cable that he wants to return to his dealer for a refund. The OP wants to keep the cable to listen to it and then return it once he has received the refund.

July 29th: I ask the dealer to give the OP the refund.

July 30th: The OP writes an email wanting to buy an Organic Reference 1m XLR from us or another dealer. We do not reply to this because of the ongoing issue with the Serenity speaker cable.

August 9th: I write to the OP asking if he got the refund.

August 9th : The OP replies that the dealer got the Serenity speaker cable at August 3rd and he have not received the refund.

August 9th: I write to the OP that I will follow up with the dealer.

August 14th: The dealer confirms that he received the speaker cable and send the refund.

August 15th: I write to the OP that the dealer confirmed having send the refund and ask that the OP confirms the arrival of the refund.

August 15th: The OP writes that have not received a check or a bank transfer.

August 15th: I write to the OP that the transfer might take a day to arrive in his account and that he should write back if he does not receive it.

August 16th: The OP writes to confirm that he has still not received the refund and that he wants to buy and Organic Reference XLR or exchange his Serenity Signature XLR for an Organic Reference XLR.

August 16th: I ask the dealer for some sort of proof that the transfer was done.

August 25th: I have been out of the office for approximately a week, and I write to the OP to get an update on the refund.

August 27th: The OP writes “Still nothing today” and proceed to ask where he can buy an Organic Reference XLR or if he can send his Serenity Signature XLR cable to exchange it for an Organic Reference XLR.

August 30th: The dealer writes to me that the refund was send to the OP by check and not a bank transfer as I presumed.

August 31st: I ask the dealer if he can see if the check was cashed.

August 31st: I write to the OP that the dealer has provided me with proof that the check he send was cashed and ask him to please confirm that he cashed the check. Otherwise, we have to report the matter to the bank and the police.

August 31st: The OP replies: “I asked you some questions… so”.

August 31st: I write the dealer to ask the bank for a copy of the check which they should have received with the OP’s signature or similar proof that the OP actually cashed the check.

September 1st: The dealer sends a screen shot of his account statement showing that the check was cashed on august 23rd.

September 4th: I decide to ignore that fact that the OP will not confirm having received the funds and I write to him if he really wants to swap his Serenity Signature cable for Organic Reference XLR cable.

September 5th: The OP wants to go ahead with the swap and I agree that he can simply send his Serenity Signature XLR cables directly to us and we will send the Organic Reference XLR cables differently to him because it is a direct swap with no payment in either direction.

September 5th: The OP writes that he has 2 pairs of Serenity signature XLR and he wants to swap both. I agree. The exchange is done at zero cost to the OP.

September 12th: The OP writes to us that he was not present when FedEx came to his house and asks that we contact FedEx because there is some confusion regarding the delivery.

September 12th: I confirm that I will have DSV (our direct contact in all shipping matters) look into the situation and get back to him.

September 13th: The OP confirms that he talked to FedEx and he will fetch the parcel tomorrow.

September 14th: I ask the OP to confirm when he has the package in hand.

September 14th: The OP confirms having received the cables but says that there a few scratches but that he will keep them as they are.

September 18th: The OP writes to me that there are color differences on the exterior connector shells.

September 19th: I write to the OP that the copper color can vary a little but he if finds it to be an issue he can return the pair and we will find some parts that are very close in hue.

September 25th: The OP asks if we have received the cables back.

September 25th: We returned the cables to the OP now with outer connector shells that we have attempted to matched closer in color. Each connector is wrapped in foam for the shipment and the two pairs of cables are returned in an Organic box which are placeed in a solid cardboard box with additonal packaging material to protect it during shipment.

October 2nd: The OP receives the shipment (according to Fedex tracking) and we have not heard from him since.

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
Finaly,

Frédéric Baussard from cables-hifi.fr and Opus51.fr has sent the refund by the end of August…but he never answered to my emails…so nice !

To sum up : 6 months for nothing !

In the futur, no more stuffs from Argento or Organic audio company/Dealer , that’s for sure !

I’ll look after another brand for high end cables with good sound, good build quality and a very good consumer service….
Thanks Ulrik for the Timeline, but the story started in March…so you forgot almost 3 months in this story.

And you are right, I forgot to confirm that I received the last pair of Organic audio.

I received them with a better color match in the connectors.It’s not perfect but better…I’ll keep the cables , I don’t want to spend another months to get a perfect product.

I ´m down with your customer service and build quality.

Argento Audio

Jul 27, 2023
Thanks Ulrik for the Timeline, but the story started in March…so you forgot almost 3 months in this story.

And you are right, I forgot to confirm that I received the last pair of Organic audio.

I received them with a better color match in the connectors.It’s not perfect but better…I’ll keep the cables , I don’t want to spend another months to get a perfect product.

I ´m down with your customer service and build quality.
The timeline shows the complete communication between you and Argento Audio. There are no communcation between us before July 28th 2023

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
For someone who didn’t like the Argento experience, you went ahead and traded for another Argento cable for no cost. I think I’m on Argento side with this, either your expectations are too high or we arent getting the whole story.

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
Thanks you for posting.

I think you are confused. The answer is already on this thread so …

best regards

Anthony Ho

Aug 19, 2019
My impression is quite different, I have purchased the Argento FMR EE powercord during summer time from a local authorized dealer, the built quality is excellent, I am highly satisfying the sound, to be honest, it better than any other cables I have tried, i could not get any happier than this. Furthermore, the manufacturer responded to my emails (i.e technical enquiries) in just couple days, not too bad I believe.

Forgot to mention the waiting time, slightly less than 4 weeks from the date i have made the purchase to receive the goods, I think it's totally acceptable for a premium grade cable which usually takes longer to build.

Reactions: sbnx

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
My impression is quite different, I have purchased the Argento FMR EE powercord during summer time from a local authorized dealer, the built quality is excellent, I am highly satisfying the sound, to be honest, it better than any other cables I have tried, i could not get any happier than this. Furthermore, the manufacturer responded to my emails (i.e technical enquiries) in just couple days, not too bad I believe.

Forgot to mention the waiting time, slightly less than 4 weeks from the date i have made the purchase to receive the goods, I think it's totally acceptable for a premium grade cable which usually takes longer to build.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t my experience.

The censored threads in Audiogon and audioexotics were a bit too much for my taste.

I concluded that Argento and Organic audio consumers are not able to explain any criticisms about this brands in other forums except here.

My experience with Opus 51 dealer and Argento was the worst in my life :
- Sound quality is good but not as good as previous series.(too much wind)
- Build quality is just a shame in Serenity series and consumer service too (see all thread)

Now I’m using Sablon and Synergistic research cables with better sound /build quality ratio like High end products should be.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing