Critical Mass Systems Center Stage 2M footers

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone

This question is aimed at Steve Williams or anyone else who may know the answer.

I’m a big fan of the Center Stage 2 footers. My dealer told me that they were not really designed to be used under speakers or turntables. I also understand Joe came out with the LS versions specifically designed for speakers. Are any of the Center Stage footers designed to go under a turntable? Thank you.

Best regards
Scot

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi everyone

This question is aimed at Steve Williams or anyone else who may know the answer.

I’m a big fan of the Center Stage 2 footers. My dealer told me that they were not really designed to be used under speakers or turntables. I also understand Joe came out with the LS versions specifically designed for speakers. Are any of the Center Stage footers designed to go under a turntable? Thank you.

Best regards
Scot
I’m only seeing this . Yes the LS series is for under speakers. However to date there is not a center stage footer designed for under turntables. I do know Joe talked about it with me several months so never say never

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi Steve

I was just wondering, are the new Center Stage 2M (for under regular electronic) out yet and are they shipping? Thank you.

Best regards
Scot

Huy Hoang

Jan 5, 2019
Hi Dr. Joe & Mr. Steve, I'm a big fan of Center Stage 2 footers.
Currently I'm setting up my new audio rack and going to fit all of my equipments with CS2M.
So could you please help me to give your advice about the following questions:
* Question 1: Can I use CS2M 1.5 with these equipments and which is the size will give the best effect result?
- L10 preamp (20kg)
- L10 power supply (23kg)
- MSB Select 2 DAC unit (11kg)
- MSB Monobase unit (20kg)
* Question 2 for Mr. @Steve Williams : Could you share your experience about where is the best position to place CS2M 1.5 under Taiko Extreme?
Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

I would use at the very least CS2M size 1.0 under all mentioned products however I have to tell you that more and more users have gone to size 1.5" under units of this weight with extraordinary great results. I would not use 0.8's under your mentioned gear

As for placement under the Extreme I use CS2M size 1.5 just inside all four stock feet and moved as far forward in the front and as far backward in the rear so that the feet are just under the edge of the bottom

IMG_9957.jpeg

Reactions: Huy Hoang

Steve Williams

Hi Dr. Joe & Mr. Steve, I'm a big fan of Center Stage 2 footers.
Currently I'm setting up my new audio rack and going to fit all of my equipments with CS2M.
So could you please help me to give your advice about the following questions:
* Question 1: Can I use CS2M 1.5 with these equipments and which is the size will give the best effect result?
- L10 preamp (20kg)
- L10 power supply (23kg)
- MSB Select 2 DAC unit (11kg)
- MSB Monobase unit (20kg)
* Question 2 for Mr. @Steve Williams : Could you share your experience about which is the best position to place CS2M 1.5 under Taiko Extreme?
Thank you very much for your help.
there are 3 sizes of CS2M
0.8"

The size refers to the height of the footer

Huy Hoang

Jan 5, 2019
I would use at the very least CS2M size 1.0 under all mentioned products however I have to tell you that more and more users have gone to size 1.5" under units of this weight with extraordinary great results. I would not use 0.8's under your mentioned gear

As for placement under the Extreme I use CS2M size 1.5 just inside all four stock feet and moved as far forward in the front and as far backward in the rear so that the feet are just under the edge of the bottom

View attachment 87663
Thank you for your advice.
One more question sir, what is the priority between the main unit and the power supplier to place the CS2M 1st?

mageak

Jan 3, 2022
howdy just got a set of cms 2m .8 for my ayon streamer dac s10 but they are to small. is it ok to take the feet off and use cms without the unit keeping its own feet

mageak

Jan 3, 2022
he didnt have any in stock and said for a source component. .8 is ok. the unit is 12kg

the feet were screwed using an allen key screw into the chassis so no internal nuts to worry about.

all done now. time to break them in. i dont need to play music do i just time is the key?

mageak

Jan 3, 2022
do i have to be using ayon for music or could i use another source and have ayon off for the burn in to be effective. ie tv or heos via marantz

Attachments

• IMG_20220712_142700_01.jpg
    IMG_20220712_142700_01.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 16

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
he didnt have any in stock and said for a source component. .8 is ok. the unit is 12kg

the feet were screwed using an allen key screw into the chassis so no internal nuts to worry about.

all done now. time to break them in. i dont need to play music do i just time is the key?
I suggest try both sizes and listen. You should know within 30 minutes to an hour which sounds better. You can always repeat the comparison the next day if you so desire. You do not have to wait for break-in or settling. Vibration and weight will settle them in. You can accelerate the process or use fairly loud music (for a miniscule improvement). Be wise but not crazy with break in methods. Like I mentioned, you will know right away if the footers are right, assuming you can hear the difference. Compare with other footers and be mindful that the platform or shelf material affects the outcome almost as much as the footers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing