Coralstone Diamond on Koetsu arm

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I put Coralstone Diamond on Koetsu SA 1100 MK VII and his headshell.
The headship has the litz Acrolink 8 N
Turntable is TD 124 Schopper

I know for this cartridge will be better Techdas,Kronos,ecc with SAT,Kronos,Axiom,Elite,and i will be very curios to listen Koetsu there,but also in this set up is wonderful.
With other cartridges i have i am exciting for their character,but with this i think only listen music because all seem perfect and sound is very natural and musical
Listening this i don't regret Opus 1 for his deep bass and depth,Atlas or GFS for dynamic and high
Even high are very good and i don't listen any roll off
Phono is CH P1 with X1 in current

Regards

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
With other cartridges i have i am exciting for their character,but with this i think only listen music because all seem perfect and sound is very natural and musical

This is like I am watching you eating in a Michelin star restaurant from outside the window Gian.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Tang,
you have a 3 michelin star restaurant at home,so don't worry

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I read in some place you like a dark sound,so i think this is the cartridge for you,
there is no roll off and is no dark,but have no the high of Atlas or GFS,is perfect from mid bass to mid high and has good bass and good high
Then if you have Cessaro that is medium high efficiency like mine the sound is free to come out from the speaker in natural way

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Your Koetsu Coralstone looks wonderful! Such a nice one!
As you might have seen, I using Koetsu Stone Body too, the Onyx. I am trying around with headshells and cables. So 8N Copper with Koetsu is a wonderfull combination.
On my Jelco HS 30 headshell (similar to your Koetsu) is the same thin rubber ring fitted, as I can see on your headshell. My 2 arms (Ikeda and FR64s) do prefer the headshell without the rubber ring, my be you like to try it, for me this in a little bit increasing the dynamic of and the energy of the cart. As the Koetsu carts do have a metal top, I tried the Dereneville Minimat between Cart and Headshell. In my system I got a little better contour, which I finally preferred.

I hope, that I will have the chance to try out the Koetsu Tonearm , looks very beautiful in your set up with your Thorens version.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Beautiful Gian60. This is my first time to see a Koetsu wooden headshell. Enjoy the music. I'm also a big fan of Koetsu.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I put Coralstone Diamond on Koetsu SA 1100 MK VII and his headshell.
. . .

. . . with this i think only listen music because all seem perfect and sound is very natural and musical

. . .

Even high are very good and i don't listen any roll off
. . .

Congratulations gian60! This is exactly the sound I will be aiming for. This is why I am still considering a Koetsu cartridge.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Opus 1 has same tonality than Coralstone,and sound is very similar.
Coralstone seems little better and natural on mid and on voice,
Opus 1 little better on deep bass and high
Opus 1 has advantage output that is 0.5 instead 0.2/0.3 of Koetsu

If one can have 2/3 tonearms,Coralstone is fantastic for voice,and few instrument like chamber music and jazz trio

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Ron,
i heard in Munchen demonstration of Gryphon Kudo that are similar to Pendragon with their incredible bass tower
so consider also Opus 1 that has a incredible deep bass,better than all other cartridge,
bass will be wonderful and sound similar to Coralstone

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
If one can have 2/3 tonearms,Coralstone is fantastic for voice,and few instrument like chamber music and jazz trio

You hit me right at the heart!

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
such a wonderful collectable !

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear gian,

In what ways are the highs are a little bit better on the Opus?

Do you mean the highs on the Opus are more detailed? Go higher in frequency? Or more neutral/flatter in frequency at the higher end, whereas the Coralstone is a bit rolled off (reduced) in the hghs?

What do you mean come exactly?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The Opus high to my ear is as good as Atlas SL. But the cart is full body, more dimentional and more depth. Details are all there in the Opus but doent like to "show off" like Atlas SL. Do you think so Gian.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear Tango,

Please forgive me if you have posted about this previously, and I simply have not found it. How do you compare the Opus to the Coralstone and to be ZYX UNIverse Premium?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Dear Tango,

Please forgive me if you have posted about this previously, and I simply have not found it. How do you compare the Opus to the Coralstone and to be ZYX UNIverse Premium?

Ron, I suspect that your tonearm will influence the overall sound of these various cartridges. Has anyone heard any of these on the SME 3012R, which I think I remember will be you new arm?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing