May 11, 2019
XVX099.1.jpg
Pearl finish on the XVX at RMAF.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Before Lyric, before Audio Guild, before Sunshine Stereo, Steven worked for Peter McGrath at Sound Components. I met Steven when I joined SCI in early 1978.
Quack Quack Quack!
It is great to see a Steve Zipser reference even if it is totally irrelevant.
IMHO audio is old fashioned in that one must "earn it" and reputation alone does not guarantee success. I am not saying that the item in question won't be great only that it need be available before we jump to Quacking!!

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Quack Quack Quack!
It is great to see a Steve Zipser reference even if it is totally irrelevant.
IMHO audio is old fashioned in that one must "earn it" and reputation alone does not guarantee success. I am not saying that the item in question won't be great only that it need be available before we jump to Quacking!!
Hey Duckie,

You’re the Gobeler, right :)?

Cheers!
ALF

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Wilson's and Soundlab's they are too different to allow comparisons and the use of the word "trounce" in absolute.
Surely if we operate the Soundlab's beyond their comfort zone or valuate a lot the fidelity of the recording the XLF's easily win. But just for pure enjoyment of some recordings the SoundLab's can be real winners.

In my experience I had to go the Alexia to get level of the performance of the Soundlab A1 PX's - the Sasha does not have the needed scale and image size.

As far as I remember SoundLab best model goes around $50k, not $20k.

From what I can tell, it looks like the best Soundlab model, the A1PX is ~$30K not $50K Also, it's not a matter of differences and comfort zone, when you compare the overall clarity and quality from both speakers there is simply no comparison. For you, your metric was scale and image, but again for absolute clarity and best quality I don't even see it as a relevant conversation. For what I'd imagine is a minority YMMV.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
IMO this is the common denominator of any component whether it be for speakers or electronics. Isn't this what this hobby is all about.People are drawn to the sound that they find most sonically pleasing What it is NOT all about is the constant bashing by one person. Cannata, if you have nothing new to add after 5 years I encourage you to direct your anger in a different direction because enough is enough

as for Wilson bashing, IMO cannata is the proverbial poster boy for leading the charge. A review of his posts here at WBF reflect an inherent hatred for Wilson audio and IMO he merely adds fodder to an otherwise good thread and before you know it he inflects his Magico vs Wilson position which we have heard so many times over the past 5 years

Cannata..we get you message but truthfully after 5 years it is becoming quite boring

This is a thread about the Wilson XVX, not a thread for you to once again brow beat the readers.

Goodness Steve, thanks for curtailing the bashing. I don’t get it, personally, why anyone chimes in only to knock down a product. If you don’t like something, fair enough, state your preference, maybe say why, then move along. Clearly its a thread for those of us interested in this new product. I personally don’t care if the thing is made of balsa wood and crepe mache, does it sound good or not? Then it becomes a question of affordability (for me) and some degree of cost/benefit analysis, none of which is a quality of how it sounds.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
For those concerned with such things, there will be at least 7 US dealer events and multiple Asian and European events in November and December with Chronosonic XVX. All have purchased their demos and so will be on permanent demonstration after the launch events.

Reactions: ashandger

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For those concerned with such things, there will be at least 7 US dealer events and multiple Asian and European events in November and December with Chronosonic XVX. All have purchased their demos and so will be on permanent demonstration after the launch events.

Hi Bill

Do you know when and where there will be a demo in Southern California

Joe P

May 11, 2019
MtnHam- I don't appreciate a dealer high jacking my thread.

If you want to promote SoundLab speakers, start your own thread.

Reactions: parkcaka

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Joe

I just recently set up cables at an Alexx owner's home. Please let Daryl and the team know that I think DW would be proud.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013

Hi Bill, is it possible for you share whether the 2 x 7" midrange units cover the same frequency range or not...or are they optimised for different frequency ranges? Many thanks

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Hi Joe

I just recently set up cables at an Alexx owner's home. Please let Daryl and the team know that I think DW would be proud.
Were the MB cables? I've heard what they do to the Wilsons

Joe P

May 11, 2019
Hi Joe

I'm not a WA dealer and I don't work for WA.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Joe

Jack

How do you "set up" cables? :p

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
LOL!

Reactions: Leif S

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Were the MB cables? I've heard what they do to the Wilsons

Yes they were. A full loom of MB Ref. Wilson with ARC and now MB to tie them all together.

Reactions: Leif S

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing