Chronosonic XVX.

Joe P

May 11, 2019
WA Caps.jpg
“During its design process, I have looked at every element that affects the performance of the new XVX. Capacitor development being just one. Our new in-house capacitor manufacturing division enables me to evaluate and consider never before construction configurations. What we’ve discovered is very exciting.”
- Daryl Wilson

Reactions: K3RMIT

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hello Joe,

Do you have a photo of this new loudspeaker?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ron, I think it's new caps, not new spkrs.

Aussienut

Jun 22, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
New speaker to be release, I believe.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hello Joe,

Do you have a photo of this new loudspeaker?

i think Joe is posting a copy from the Wilson Audio Facebook page of the teasers on this new speaker.

they are understandably drumming up interest with a series of teasers to build some buzz.

which is the long way of saying, no pictures yet. more teases first. i predict next will be an artsy shot of a portion of the cabinet. with a flower. in early evening golden sunlight. with a glass of wine.

where do i sign?

Reactions: Mark Seaton

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
New speaker to be release, I believe.

XLF / XVX , I can guess it is the XLF replacement. It is due - the XLF was presented eight years ago.

Reactions: Zarir

Joe P

May 11, 2019
XLF / XVX , I can guess it is the XLF replacement. It is due - the XLF was presented eight years ago.

metaphacts posted on another forum that it is not an XLF replacement.

If you look at speakers in the backround of the capacitor picture, I'm guessing the XVX is on the left and the XLF is on the right.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Very interesting! To me, the bass cabinet of the speaker on the left looks closer in size to that of ALEXX...actually thought it was ALEXX. Till the next tease..........

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I think its way cool that Wilson is bringing capacitor production in house.

which is the long way of saying, no pictures yet. more teases first. i predict next will be an artsy shot of a portion of the cabinet. with a flower. in early evening golden sunlight. with a glass of wine.

Uh, Mike ... Mormons don't drink wine. :)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
metaphacts posted on another forum that it is not an XLF replacement.

If you look at speakers in the backround of the capacitor picture, I'm guessing the XVX is on the left and the XLF is on the right.

Thanks - these are good news for me! ;)

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Very interesting! To me, the bass cabinet of the speaker on the left looks closer in size to that of ALEXX...actually thought it was ALEXX. Till the next tease..........

Well the front of the WAMM woofer cabinet looks more like the front of the Alexx woofer cabinet than it does the XLF cabinet

Last edited:
Reactions: ashandger

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
I think its way cool that Wilson is bringing capacitor production in house.

Wilson Audio acquired Reliable Capacitor in 2018. The Wilson factory was expanded to accommodate capacitor production as well as research and development.

Joe P

May 11, 2019
Well the front of the WAMM woofer cabinet looks more like the front of the Alexx woofer cabinet than it does the XLF cabinet
Yes, and the port on the left speaker is higher and larger than the Alexx:
alexx-004-lg.jpg

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Posting similar to one I made on another forum.

The Alexx uses the WAMM woofers, (10.5 and 12.5), smaller than the XLF (13 and 15). .

It's the use of the Chronosonic name that intrigues me. At present any speaker with Chronosonic in its name brings immediate associaton with the WAMM, and I suspect Wilson sees value in that association and the lineage its use will create, tracing back to David Wilson. Remember the WAMM is limited production. Imagine the Wilson lineup without the WAMM. I'd be surprised if a speaker named Chronosonic was second in the line-up behind a speaker named Alexandria.

If any of that makes sense, it could be the Chronosonic XVX is the new top tier model. The XLF is what, somewhere around $220K? We're told the XVX is not $400k, but there's a lot of room between $220K and $400K to fit, say, a nice $335K+ speaker.

Wrt that port mentioned by Joe P. - compare the port of the white speaker above with the WAMM's port.

wamm-019-lg.jpg

Again - it's all speculation - we'll know soon enough. Fun!

Last edited:

Joe P

May 11, 2019
Work on the XVX:
XVX.jpg
XVX2.jpg
XVX3.jpg

Joe P

May 11, 2019
When’s the big reveal.

Posted by metaphacts on another forum:

Two rooms at RMAF:

Active room is Sasha DAW with Watchdogs and the new ActivXover.

Passive room?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
It's the use of the Chronosonic name that intrigues me. At present any speaker with Chronosonic in its name brings immediate associaton with the WAMM, and I suspect Wilson sees value in that association and the lineage its use will create, tracing back to David Wilson. Remember the WAMM is limited production. Imagine the Wilson lineup without the WAMM.

I don't feel the name sounds like a Wilson at all actually- they are taking cues from YG. When did they sell out of the "LE" WAMM? It took some time as I recall.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing