Charles Krauthammer, MD may he RIP

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Dr. K was a favorite of mine. I don't think, in my lifetime, and I just turned 65, that I have ever heard or seen a more articulate, clever and insightful conservative who always maintained his poise and cleverness through every encounter. His stoic face and as a result of his disability he would take that deep breath before making his point which just had the effect of driving his point home that few others could.

An amazing gentlemen and scholar who serves as a model for all who face disabilities. I wish my brother with advanced MS could find the courage and strength Dr. K found at such an early age and enacted throughout his whole life.

He faced mortality like he did life with strength few of us will ever have the courage to do.

I will truly miss Dr. K. He gave so much more than he took and he was an inspiration.

May he RIP and peace to his loved ones but they can take solace in the fact that Dr. K made this world much better, few can or will ever have the privilege of doing.

This has nothing to do with high end audio but a tribute to a great man.

Last edited:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
+1 a real loss to journalism

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
He was not a journalist, he was a conservative political pundit.

I would have to say he was both a political pundit as well as a journalist; just about impossible in today's world, but he qualified as both.

Just curious who you would consider a "journalist" in today's world. There are almost none in my opinion.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
mods- can we delete this obviously political thread?

I have to say, I am stunned by your request.

The guy was not just "political" but an even handed journalist as well as a Conservative pundit, always respectful, insightful with clear and unambiguous logic.

More importantly, if you chose to read anything about the guy, you would see he began as liberal Democrat, went to the finest institutions of learning, graduated at the top of his medical school class while graduating on time despite having a life altering diving accident where he broke his neck. He should be looked upon as an inspiration to all, regardless of one's political slant, rather than the distorted way you are seeing this tribute to a great man.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
He was first and foremost a great human being, a member of the human species, with a clean mind and clear brain. He was an intellect with ideas and words of wisdom in a world of chaos and confusion and mental illness.

To pay respect and homage is civilized.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
He was first and foremost a great human being, a member of the human species, with a clean mind and clear brain. He was an intellect with ideas and words of wisdom in a world of chaos and confusion and mental illness.

And you know all of this---how??:confused:

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Couldn’t agree more as is evident by the outpouring of well wishes from all who knew him across all spectrums of politics, race and religion.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA

The guy was not just "political" but an even handed journalist as well as a Conservative pundit, always respectful, insightful with clear and unambiguous logic.

More importantly, if you chose to read anything about the guy, you would see he began as liberal Democrat, went to the finest institutions of learning, graduated at the top of his medical school class while graduating on time despite having a life altering diving accident where he broke his neck. He should be looked upon as an inspiration to all, regardless of one's political slant, rather than the distorted way you are seeing this tribute to a great man.

Excellent post, well said Priaptor. RIP Charles.

Ken

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

I'm not saying anything about the man - but as he was *very* clearly in the political realm, it's against the rules.

And oh, by the way, I'm a paraplegic so spare me the disability commentary.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing