Bitcoin

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Gambling or not I am at +45% since yesterday morning !!!!

How did you do that? Are you using Bitcoin futures? Call options on MSTR?

Vienna

VIP/Donor
How did you do that? Are you using Bitcoin futures? Call options on MSTR?

Not at all Ron. There are many opportunities out there on the spot market (on various crypto markets). Doge for example is on 50%

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Not at all Ron. There are many opportunities out there on the spot market (on various crypto markets). Doge for example is on 50%

Ohhhh, okay. Congratulations!

(But my personal view is that Dogecoin truly is gambling.)

Reactions: Folsom

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
BTC = US$64,500!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
BTC = US$64,500!
Thats exactly the new price of a pair of andromeda XPE speakers ,lol

Im still not convined it lll hold up as an inflation hedge .
With the inflation numbers were getting lately , i think it lll only rise more
But I think as soon as gold is gonna take off , everybody will rush back into the real value backer of all ages, Gold

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
You should accept BTC for payment, like Tesla!

Reactions: andromedaaudio

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thats exactly the new price of a pair of andromeda XPE speakers ,lol

Im still not convined it lll hold up as an inflation hedge .
With the inflation numbers were getting lately , i think it lll only rise more
But I think as soon as gold is gonna take off , everybody will rush back into the real value backer of all ages, Gold

Please post when that happens

7EF9DD3D-3C22-4C9E-8079-6BD760811B3B.jpeg

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Please post when that happens

View attachment 77012
Some of the gold experts say gold can go to 15.000 $ in an
Inflation environment .
In 3 years .
The fed is in the money printing end game
That would mean at least 20 may be 50 fold for gold stocks,
You ll see soon enough when i have an audioshop in holland / germany in a couple of years and i m biamping my speakers with Boulder 3050 s and dagostino relentless amps. :)

Ps .But off course if you got in early in bitcoin hard to beat / good for you .

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Some of the gold experts say gold can go to 15.000 $ in an
Inflation environment .
In 3 years .
The fed is in the money printing end game
That would mean at least 20 may be 50 fold for gold stocks,
You ll see soon enough when i have an audioshop in holland / germany in a couple of years and i m biamping my speakers with Boulder 3050 s and dagostino relentless amps, lol

Ps .But off course if you got in early in bit coin hard to beat / good for you .

Mate Peter Schiff has been wrong for 10 years. Stop following him. One guy actually built a model that will buy bitcoin every time Schiff says something against it pro gold, and in his model BTC went up 3 percent on average in the first hour after Schiff's tweet, and given the number he has made, it went up over 1000 percent on that model

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Doge at 67%

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Mate Peter Schiff has been wrong for 10 years. Stop following him. One guy actually built a model that will buy bitcoin every time Schiff says something against it pro gold, and in his model BTC went up 3 percent on average in the first hour after Schiff's tweet, and given the number he has made, it went up over 1000 percent on that model
I got into gold at 1250 $ in 2018 , i have already doubled my money and it was 3 fold in august last year .
I could have bought 3 pair of relentless or Boulder 3050 s already
peter is gonna be right in the end , although his timing is indeed shit ;) .
May be bitcoin will indeed go to a milion, i dont know

I can sleep relatively well , im not sure with that with bitcoin though ( volatility )

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I got into gold at 1250 $ in 2018 , i have already doubled my money and it was 3 fold in august last year .
I could have bought 3 pair of relentless or Boulder 3050 s already
peter is gonna be right in the end , although his timing is indeed shit ;) .
May be bitcoin will indeed go to a milion, i dont know

I can sleep reletively well , im not sure with that with bitcoin though ( volatility )

So you sold out at three fold or rode it on the retracement.

How much an investment is at its highs means nothing because you will never sell then

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Same thing. Instead of defending your past decisions in gold, especially by saying it was with three times at its highs, check for yourself if it might be shifting some of that gold to crypto.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Same thing. Instead of defending your past decisions in gold, especially by saying it was with three times at its highs, check for yourself if it might be shifting some of that gold to crypto.
No , remember wall street bets / reddit forum . :)

Diamond hands , i sell when the Dow jones is the same as the gold price per ounce

Diamond hands.jpg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
not sure of the point of the post
I posted it in the context of bitcoin being hyped as the new digital gold / store of value .
In my view cryptos are also a form of ( peters view ;) lol ) fiat currency and need to be backed by something thats all i was saying.
We ll see , but if you make money of it good for you

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I posted it in the context of bitcoin being hyped as the new digital gold / store of value .
In my view cryptos are also a form of ( peters view ;) lol ) fiat currency and need to be backed by something thats all i was saying.
We ll see , but if you make money of it good for you

Seriously, that's your case for gold against crypto?

This is a list of corporates that have BTC on their balance sheets. 34 out of 40000 publicly listed companies. Most should have gold. Where do you think we are early, and what do you think happened at the 34 companies? You can choose to look at the 34 or the remaining 40000. I see you doing the latter

Value of total cash locked in defi (decentralized finance) has moved from 2b to 56 billion this year. This is not a trade investment, these are funds locked for business.

Again. If you know your gold and not your crypto, you will be the one to lose, so winning the argument on a forum against me will be a curse to you

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Again. If you know your gold and not your crypto, you will be the one to lose, so winning the argument on a forum against me will be a curse to you

May be who knows i ll take the gamble .
But a zero rate interest environment ( rising tide ) lifts all boats , incl Housing / stockmarket / crypto included .
But low interest rates / debt economy ( living on the future) dont t last forever look at history .
MMT is a monetary experiment with no certain outcome with which banks can borrow at 0 and money will flow into anything now for 10 -12 years already
History wise has proven that all currencies that were printed into madness have failed .

Schiff is already right , look at raw material prices / food prices / gas prices .

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Doge at 67%

Congratulations!

SELL!

Or at least sell half.

Or at least sell a third.

Or at least take out your cost basis.

Reactions: Vienna

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing