Impedance problem ?

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area

GuidoCorona

Apr 23, 2010
Summerville (SC)
Michael, I have also found unmatched sweetness of treble to be a common characteristics of stabilized NCore NC1200 amps, and perhaps of Pascal M-Pro2. My conjecture was that NCore controls the intermodulation of multi-part treble lines which would otherwise cause side-bands that are perceived as harshness... particularly on sostenuto. By listening to Putzeys's discussion of intermodulation in his Youtube lecture, it seems that I was on the right track.

Guido

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
I used to own the BMC monos. My guess not having both in my system is the the mola mola is more refined with much better low end control/realism.

They are not fighting in the same league, but do not ask for the same amount of money...

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
They are not fighting in the same league, but do not ask for the same amount of money...

There comes the same argument ..that of "Price Class"..:rolleyes: Although you are wrong as they cost the same ...

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
honestly, this discussion of amps for YGs has me totally soured on the brand. too many hoops to go through- i respect your effort DJ, certainly not something i would enjoy.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I am just trying to achieve the best performance possible with my favorite speaker. I don't expect everyone to agree with me that YG makes the best speaker on the planet. I just happen to think so. :D

honestly, this discussion of amps for YGs has me totally soured on the brand. too many hoops to go through- i respect your effort DJ, certainly not something i would enjoy.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I am just trying to achieve the best performance possible with my favorite speaker. I don't expect everyone to agree with me that YG makes the best speaker on the planet. I just happen to think so. :D

Only just seen this post but like you am a great fan of YG speakers.
Mine are only the Carmels but they delivered better and better sound with every upgrade of cables and components and the Vitus SIA 025 is a great match

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Mine are only the Carmels but they delivered better and better sound with every upgrade of cables and components and the Vitus SIA 025 is a great match
I switched from the evolution mmmini2 to the Carmel and I never looked back. I had the dartzeel cth8550 with the Carmel. I bet the vitus is a great match. The Carmel is easier to drive.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

Don't know about "best speaker on the planet", but they are indeed damn good.

The (fully passive) Anats were the first of their speakers that I liked, but I still think their current line up is considerably better than the Anats. So, perhaps with all that money you've saved on source and electronics, you could upgrade your Anats to Sonjas :)

And Keith, I don't see how you associate DJ's amp/source journey with his choice of speakers. If anything, it speaks volumes about the quality of his speakers, since that's the one constant thing in his setup!

alexandre

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I switched from the evolution mmmini2 to the Carmel and I never looked back. I had the dartzeel cth8550 with the Carmel. I bet the vitus is a great match. The Carmel is easier to drive.

Dallasjustice, I'm curious about how the EA mmmmini2 compared to the Carmel? Someone once suggested I get the EA instead of my Magico mini2.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Dallasjustice, I'm curious about how the EA mmmmini2 compared to the Carmel? Someone once suggested I get the EA instead of my Magico mini2.
I liked the YG Carmel much more. I felt that they were a superior speaker. Of course, I am told the EA can be better and I didn't set them up to the best of their abilities. But the YG is easy to get a great image.

Last edited:

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
So, the Krell "sauna/weight loss program" era is over. I understand, and agree about the sound quality of the Krells that makes this a tough decision. I had 4 Krell KMA-160 mono blocks driving the big Apogees and the snow was melted for a 30 foot perimeter around my home. Anxious to hear your longer-term impressions of the Molas.

Lee

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
So, the Krell "sauna/weight loss program" era is over. I understand, and agree about the sound quality of the Krells that makes this a tough decision. I had 4 Krell KMA-160 mono blocks driving the big Apogees and the snow was melted for a 30 foot perimeter around my home. Anxious to hear your longer-term impressions of the Molas.

Lee

Yes Lee. Sadly the Krells are gone. They were awesome. I won't be throwing the Mola Mola back into the water. :D

Worldcat

May 30, 2012
The Carmels use scan speak drivers which is why they do sound different than the others in there line.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
"The (fully passive) Anats were the first of their speakers that I liked, but I still think their current line up is considerably better than the Anats. So, perhaps with all that money you've saved on source and electronics, you could upgrade your Anats to Sonjas :)"

asiufy,

Michael has the Anat III Signature Studio which is exactly the same as the Sonja 1.2. The only difference is cosmetics.

Scott

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
"The (fully passive) Anats were the first of their speakers that I liked, but I still think their current line up is considerably better than the Anats. So, perhaps with all that money you've saved on source and electronics, you could upgrade your Anats to Sonjas :)"

asiufy,

Michael has the Anat III Signature Studio which is exactly the same as the Sonja 1.2. The only difference is cosmetics.

Scott

I know, I just think the Sonjas are much better looking :) And that was my point, he has nothing else to upgrade, so why not improve the visuals?

alexandre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing