BEST SPEAKERS BETWEEN 15k and 30K

Googaliser

VIP/Donor
Mar 31, 2019
I think size of room and and whether it is acoustically treated should be factored-in. Often flagship speakers are larger than mid-range - but in smaller rooms, the mid-range may sound better. I am guilty of buying too much speaker for the space on more than one occasion! (in fact, almost every occasion!). Definitely buy ex-demo or used.

Reactions: Pokey77 and bonzo75

DDgtt

May 1, 2023
If you have been wanting to hear Vivid Audio speakers at a trade show, we will be at the Capital Audiofest (Nov. 10-12) with a pair. In room 715 we will have the smallest model in Vivid Audio's flagship Giya line - the Giya G4s2. They will be driven by a Mola Mola Makua preamp w/built-in DAC (same circuit as the famous Tambaqui) and a pair of the new Mola Mola Perca stereo amplifiers. They will connected in a vertical bi-amp configuration. A Grimm MU1 Digital Audio Player/Streamer and DeJitter It Switch X and WiFi X will handling the digital signals with Kubala-Sosna cables connecting the system. Come check it out!

Calvinj

Aug 1, 2022
If you have been wanting to hear Vivid Audio speakers at a trade show, we will be at the Capital Audiofest (Nov. 10-12) with a pair. In room 715 we will have the smallest model in Vivid Audio's flagship Giya line - the Giya G4s2. They will be driven by a Mola Mola Makua preamp w/built-in DAC (same circuit as the famous Tambaqui) and a pair of the new Mola Mola Perca stereo amplifiers. They will connected in a vertical bi-amp configuration. A Grimm MU1 Digital Audio Player/Streamer and DeJitter It Switch X and WiFi X will handling the digital signals with Kubala-Sosna cables connecting the system. Come check it out!
We will be there in the two infigo audio rooms. I will stop my your room to listen.

Reactions: DDgtt

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
The side firing woofers would seem to need considerable space between side wall and speaker as well as speaker and equipment if the rack is between the speakers. Is that true?

Reactions: DDgtt

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Von Schweikert ESE, Marten Parker Trio

Am I biased? Of course!!! LOL

I am assuming that they are to be used in a normal sized room and that there is at least 50wpc into 8ohms/100wpc into 4ohms readily on tap.

Reactions: sujay

DDgtt

May 1, 2023
The side firing woofers would seem to need considerable space between side wall and speaker as well as speaker and equipment if the rack is between the speakers. Is that true?
In our experience the Vivid Audio speakers are quite easy to place. Whether close to the sidewalls or at a distance the bass performance remains quite consistent. The frequency at which the side-firing woofers crossover may be a factor.

Reactions: PYP

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
Von Schweikert ESE, Marten Parker Trio

Am I biased? Of course!!! LOL

I am assuming that they are to be used in a normal sized room and that there is at least 50wpc into 8ohms/100wpc into 4ohms readily on tap.
I recently bought a Aavik P-300 amp. Scott Walker Audio was kind enough to let me bring it in to one of their system. The speakers were a pair of Von Schweikert ESE. The sound blew me away. Amazing speakers for the price.

Reactions: JackD201

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I recently bought a Aavik P-300 amp. Scott Walker Audio was kind enough to let me bring it in to one of their system. The speakers were a pair of Von Schweikert ESE. The sound blew me away. Amazing speakers for the price.

Yes they are indeed. My partner is using a pair while his VR-55s are to be upgraded. Heck I'm happy with E3 Mk1s in my bedroom system.

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
In that price range I would likely buy either the VSA ESE or YGs (Summits, Carmel3 or best would be used Haileys). I have owned YGs for years. Damon Von Schweikert did a a nice presentation at a recent show of the VSA ESE and played a wide range of music.

Not a fan of the Jabba the Hutt look of the Vivids.

ptman

Dec 23, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have enjoyed my YG Acoustics Carmel (original version) for 11 years. They retailed at $18K. Have changed amps, DACs and digital front-end over that period, but not the speakers. The new Version 3 retail at $29K. In my smallish room (13 x 17 x 10) they mate very well with a pair of RELs. A lot depends on your choice of amp and room dynamics and personal taste. At AXPONA, I've always been intrigued by Joseph Audio's speakers.

ticktock

Oct 3, 2020
In our experience the Vivid Audio speakers are quite easy to place. Whether close to the sidewalls or at a distance the bass performance remains quite consistent. The frequency at which the side-firing woofers crossover may be a factor.
That has been my experience as well. I chose Vivid (although the Kaya line, rather than the Giya) specifically for that reason because my room is quite cramped. Even now, the right-side speaker is as close as 4 inches from the nearest wall, whereas the left-side speaker has more space to play with, and still the sound to my ears doesn't seem unbalanced at all.

Reactions: PYP

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My personal favorite would be a pair of Wilson X1/Grand SLAMM Mk3s. 6ohm, 95 db efficient and stunning capability in massive dynamic range, detail and nuance. Nowadays, definitely available inside the 15K-30K range and not infrequently at the 20K spot. We paid a lot less than that for our X1s which we had for 10 years.

Reactions: XV-1

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
this could be the toughest price range in audio right now. everything has shifted higher to the 50k segment. The WVL Son is an interesting option here depending on room size with excellent amp flexibility. Dynaudio traditionally has some great speakers in this price range as well if you have the power.

Reactions: gestalt

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
  • Haha
Reactions: PYP and Tlay

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Mine are still my favotite ones under 30k.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Classic Audio Loudspeakers Field Coil Version, Massive Dynamics, Very open Sound, Smooth just pure magical for the asking price.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
It's crazy how some speakers are hyper sensitive to placement and the components they're connected to, Some speakers need 500 watts to come to life, some need can't have any reflective surface within 5' of them. I resold a half a dozen speakers in the price range you're shopping because I wasn't willing to restart my component rebuild. I very nearly sold my Kef Blades because I was disappointed with their low volume dynamics. The Blades were good enough at everything else that I took a chance on upgrading the electronics around them and now I'm thrilled with the results, but also wondering if my new components would have raised the level of the previous half a dozen(or so)speakers I passed on?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing