Best phono stage?

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
if you get with your Lampi DAC a balanced and well received sound, you will found with the following Phonostages a similar signature:

Allnic H-7000v

Phasemation EA-1200

if your budget will give you the freedom:

Allnic H-8000 DHT

Phasemation EA-2000

Air Tight ATE 3011 plus Kondo SFZ step up

EMT JPA 66

CHP, Boulder, JMF are in a complete different camp
What about Aesthetix IO? Would you agree, that it is in the first camp with Allnic, Phasemation etc.?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Dave777tx

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What about Aesthetix IO? Would you agree, that it is in the first camp with Allnic, Phasemation etc.?
Thanks in advance.

I compared IO Eclipse to Allnic 5000 (the previous top of the line DHT now replaced by the 8000) with different carts. They are almost equal, the Allnic has more flow that I prefer, but the IO eclipse has the midbass weight and punch. The thing is IO Eclipse needs 20+ carefully tuned valves while Allnic 5000 needs one recti, and maybe 2 300bs. The 7000 is not known to be as good as the 5000 or 8000, but is a great value for money and I was able to sell it back in the market with zero loss. I compared it to Ypsilon with Lyra Atlas and once the Allnic recti was switched it was close, I preferred the midbass and energy of the Allnic, the Ypsilon had a higher clean high. And the used price of the Allnic was half that of the Ypsilon + SUT, maybe even less than half.

Moral of the story: If you have the IO eclipse and it is working well and you like it, I wouldn't switch.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I compared IO Eclipse to Allnic 5000 (the previous top of the line DHT now replaced by the 8000) with different carts. They are almost equal, the Allnic has more flow that I prefer, but the IO eclipse has the midbass weight and punch. The thing is IO Eclipse needs 20+ carefully tuned valves while Allnic 5000 needs one recti, and maybe 2 300bs. The 7000 is not known to be as good as the 5000 or 8000, but is a great value for money and I was able to sell it back in the market with zero loss. I compared it to Ypsilon with Lyra Atlas and once the Allnic recti was switched it was close, I preferred the midbass and energy of the Allnic, the Ypsilon had a higher clean high. And the used price of the Allnic was half that of the Ypsilon + SUT, maybe even less than half.

Moral of the story: If you have the IO eclipse and it is working well and you like it, I wouldn't switch.
I already switched:) Too late.

Reactions: bonzo75

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
It’s in the signature - P1. Very happy so far. Sound wise it’s on the same level or above in some aspects. I was afraid, I would loose some tonal density, but so far all is good. The fact that I can keep it on 24/7 and not worry about heat is enough to make me smile. Also, thinking about second tonearm and cartridge.

Reactions: sbo6 and MadFloyd

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It’s in the signature - P1. Very happy so far. Sound wise it’s on the same level or above in some aspects. I was afraid, I would loose some tonal density, but so far all is good. The fact that I can keep it on 24/7 and not worry about heat is enough to make me smile. Also, thinking about second tonearm and cartridge.

oh yes but that’s very different direction to the queries of aesthetix Vs Allnic Vs Phasemation. Sure that’s a direction for you to choose between those and CH

Reactions: abeidrov

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
'abeidrov', In your future hifi expenditure plans I would 100% recommend you get the CH X1 to go with your P1 and L1 ! (unless you already have it - can't see it in your signature box !)

Reactions: abeidrov

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
oh yes but that’s very different direction to the queries of aesthetix Vs Allnic Vs Phasemation. Sure that’s a direction for you to choose between those and CH
Sure, just wanted to highlight to the OP, that Aesthetix is another valid option, if he decides to go the first camp route.

Reactions: Dave777tx
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
did you hear the RX L based phonostage from Eugen Komissarow?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sure, just wanted to highlight to the OP, that Aesthetix is another valid option, if he decides to go the first camp route.

ah ok.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

20 tubes ? 34 in the dual power supply version !o_O

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

thekong

May 10, 2012
For the Io, 16 tubes in the amplification chassis, plus 8 tubes in each of the power supplies :)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
For the Io, 16 tubes in the amplification chassis, plus 8 tubes in each of the power supplies :)
You are right ! "Only " 32 tubes totally, i stand corrected :) mine is packed up for repair again so i could not make a fast count :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: thekong and bonzo75

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

thekong

May 10, 2012
Hi Lagonda, you are not alone, my Io also had just came back from a repair, by a local technician :(

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Hi Lagonda, you are not alone, my Io also had just came back from a repair, by a local technician :(
My plan is to befriend a local tube repair man, like owning a classic Aston Martin, the Io needs a mechanic on speed dial ! ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing