Best digital cable bnc to connect Mutec Ref10 to Esoteric N01XD

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Some of you have already tried Blackcat Tron Klok 50 Ohm?
I use this but the 75 Ohm version,I'm sure if you required a 50 Ohm termination Chris would oblige.
One of the most "musically satisfying " Digital Transmission cabling out there from true master of his craft.
BruceD

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I use this but the 75 Ohm version,I'm sure if you required a 50 Ohm termination Chris would oblige.
It looks like the KLOK is 50 Ohm. The SPDIF cable is 75 ohms and has BNC connectors by default so I think it obviates the need for him to sell a KLOK at 75 ohm.

transaminasi

Jan 16, 2015
North Italy

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Hi guys.
As title, I'm searching a good digital cable bnc to connect Mutec Ref 10 to dac Esoteric N01XD.
I read on web digital cable for Mutec is very important. Have you suggestions???
Thanks
already answered

Last edited:

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Thanks. Did you compare it with normal powercord in the box of Mutec?
No, I did not. I had previously used this power cord with the Farad power supply powering a Chord M Scaler. It brought a noticeable lowering of the noise floor. Same result with the Farad power supply powering my EtherRegen. It’s an excellent power cord for all-digital components that don’t have instantaneous current demands.

brodricj

Mar 13, 2016
As you are using esoteric, try the acrolink/mexcel cables they make. I am using the DA6100 mkIV bnc between my clock and CD player. Superbly made but quite stiff and only available in minimum 1.00m (I think)
That's interesting. I was using DA6100v3 between N-01 and G-02X. Then I tried Shunyata Sigma Clock-50 v1 and the Sigma was better. So I sold the Mexcel and bought another two Sigma.

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
It’s your personal choice of course and pleased you like the results.
I did notice an overall improvement changing to the next generation of each component but would expect that anyway and did not try to ascertain the cable improvement percentile.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Then I tried Shunyata Sigma Clock-50 v1 and the Sigma was better. So I sold the Mexcel and bought another two Sigma.
The CMode filters on the Sigma seem to be very much the real deal. I replaced my Delta v2 with a Sigma v2 (both Clock-50) and still can’t get over how much of an improvement the Sigma v2 brought. I credit the CMode because the improvements didn’t seem like the kind that would come from passing the clock signal with higher fidelity. Instead it was as if the improvements came from reducing noise that had been coming along for the ride.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing