Best $50K speakers , Wilson Sasha V vs Magico S3 Mk3?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
If i would buy a speaker i d buy this one and put 50 K of amplification sources behind it

Technically correct and sounds great

Reactions: AudioGod

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
For me personally this is unlistenable

View attachment 116293

I like the Devore, not denying it is rolled off. I already addressed these frequency extension comments at other times. I like TAD 4003 with TAD tweeter going to 40 kHz better, but not just because one is more extended than the other. I don’t like many extended speakers too. There are many other things.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
i had spend couple of hours for several times with O/96 and O/93 they were connected to Unison Research simfonia, Unison Research Unico 150, and we also tried them with Moon 860 amp and 740 pre amp.

while I very much love the sound of those devor speakers, especially with the sinfonia amp, I choose going on at another pathway which to my pref suite my taste.
for some of the reasons I didn’t go with devor speakers, I have chosen not to go with horn loudspeakers, all ought my reference (belonging to close friend) audio system is based on a horn speakers.
I heard them with UR too. Don’t remember the model it was around 25 watts. Didn’t like it with it

Reactions: exupgh12

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Vitus, Kondo, levinson, Alieno, Dagostino momentum’s, MBL, FM acoustics, symphonic line 300w.

i know and like Luxman as a low price good value SS amp but it will not be suitable for Devore imo. And based on the Jadis experience, the VAC will sound like another higher powered push pull amp.

it is the NAF 2a3 and airtight 300b category it needs. Speakers like Devore allow you to use a simpler chain which makes the whole system sing, if you apply same principles of using a higher powered SS or push pull amp there is no point in getting it

Unfortunately the Magico will require those bigger amplifiers leading to a much different sonic signature.

Does this make the Devore Better? when worse on SS better on flea powered toobs, this is the bent rod in Audio, surly if one has flea power the Devore is the better choice ..!

Not necessarily the better Speaker ..!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Same strategy as Devore but with more budget and for more extension I would go with audionec Evo 2. 45k. Would require slightly more powerful SETs, with a bit more drive, like 211s etc

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
the whole point of Devore is compromise until one can afford a horn. AN has varied cost, so why would someone get the higher priced AN instead of getting the horn? I would never have recommended Devore if it was 50k. The fact that it sounds better than many 50 or 100k speakers is different.

:)

Plenty choices between a Devore and a Horn ..!

Choose your compromise ...!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Unfortunately the Magico will require those bigger amplifiers leading to a much different sonic signature.

Does this make the Devore Better? when worse on SS better on flea powered toobs, this is the bent rod in Audio, surly if one has flea power the Devore is the better choice ..!

Not necessarily the better Speaker ..!

for me a better speaker is one which allows a better system that comes from the combo. I completely agree if you do a standalone speaker note, which to me or is purely academic, it won’t be a good speaker.

i well say the same for Diesis. It allows great amplification and records to shine through by disappearing. You sound get Diesis if you have some sort of system strategy planned.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
For me personally this is unlistenable

View attachment 116293
They do sound musical, but to me they are copies of the principle Saba Greencones with vibrating housings. there are a lot of fans of these speakers outthere.
For those who are interested in such loudspeakers, I recommend the book "Höchst empfindlich" where it describes what the magic lies that captivates many people.
csm_Hoechst_Empfindlich_Buch_G.W._etc.__2__d5a8dbf803.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiohertz2

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Reactions: DasguteOhr

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Not when you couple with a weak bass SET, the balance becomes perfect and tone rich ..!

With an amplifier with equal drive across the frequency spectrum its different.

aside ,

don't discount what the SET brings when it latches on to a likable impedance curve ..!

Like trying to solve one problem with another .

no thx

Reactions: GuyB

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Reactions: Audiohertz2

transaminasi

Jan 16, 2015
North Italy
Has anyone listened to new Sasha V?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
In your opinion what's the right price?

25k. Should be 20k. It would sell like pancakes.

50k for an 8 inch woofer, 7 inch mid and soft dome tweeter. Gimme a break.

Last edited:

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
What about 59k FR single driver speakers with paper cone and a whizzer :)

BTW, Drivers are the least expensive part in bringing a successful speaker to the Market ..

Regards

transaminasi

Jan 16, 2015
North Italy
@XV-1
I think that in hifi it makes no sense to talk about the appropriate price of a product because in hifi nothing makes sense.
Just think about the prices of cables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing