1. My room is not very big, the listening area is about 5m by 4.8 meters, the actual room is bigger as it’s a living room combined with kitchen.Hi abeidrov!
I was hoping you saw my thread as I read your thread and saw your YT videos in the past comparing these amps that I am interested using Sasha DAW.
They are so valuable and your input is greatly appreciate it here.
From your description above, I may prefer CH over Gryphon as I would value musicality over darker sounding and extreme bass grip.
In addition, I mentioned that my room is small and I live in TX, the summer here is very hot. Even yesterday - May 5th, the high was at 90F outside.
I remember that you live in Russia - your Mephisto has a side benefit as room heater, I am sure!
Questions for you:
1. What is your room size?
2. Which DAC do you use now?
3. I remember you added CH L1, curious if you ever connect DAC with volume control directly to Mephisto?
4. Curious about CH A1.5, did it drive your Sasha DAW to your satisfaction? Do you also prefer Antileon EVO over it? I read that Antileon EVO is warmer than Mephisto and Essence.
2. I still use Lampi GG 2, but now with 242 tubes which elevates its performance significantly in my view.
3. No, never tried a dac direct to Mephisto.
4. Very difficult to answer this question. I did not have CH L1, when I tried CH A1.5. Antileon made music jump out of the speakers, it was so dynamic, maybe a bit too much. I was afraid that it can become tiresome with long listening sessions. But I wanted that drive. That is why I went for Mephisto. I think you should try Essence. It certainly should be less warm than Antileon.