Bayz Audio 2.0 Announcement

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Tell me about it. I have the Bayz, Alsyvox and Diesis all sitting in front of me and I can never figure out which one I want to listen to:) Although I would never call it a problem:)

What a magnificent line-up!

I hope many people choose to make the pilgrimmage to Rhaposdy Audio, as you have there three outstanding lines demonstrating three very intelligent alternative approaches. For anyone looking "outside the box", you have an enormous amount to offer.

Actually the Danley is not about SPL at home of course, but phase coherency, bass precision, rhythm, liveliness and punch for example (and its construction is a really an original idea, study it, very interesting).

No problem, and I hope I didn't come across as confrontational! I just wanted people to get a shapshot of why the Danley's would be in a different league from most home audio speakers when it comes to the ability to rock.

About eighteen years ago I almost became a dealer for a home audio adaptation of the Tom Danley's Unity Horn, as the late great Nick McKinney was making a system which combined a licensed Unity Horn top end with his own superb Lambda Acoustics 15" woofers.

The frequency and phase response of the SH50 is pretty amazing, along with the sheer elegance of that big axi-symmetric multi-entrant horn. Personally I tend to prefer a gently downward-sloping response curve for home audio, but the flattish curve of the Danleys probably conveys transients very well.

ferenc_k

Apr 9, 2011
The frequency and phase response of the SH50 is pretty amazing, along with the sheer elegance of that big axi-symmetric multi-entrant horn. Personally I tend to prefer a gently downward-sloping response curve for home audio, but the flattish curve of the Danleys probably conveys transients very well.

It could be eq-d very well.

It is interesting to learn that the SH50 and the Bayz speakers are polar opposite to each other as Danley has a very strict dispersion (it is 50x50 degrees in case of the SH50) while the dispersion of the Bayz speakers are cylindrical but they are very similar regarding the 3D space they can project. The SH50 phase coherency combined with its very strict dispersion control let it use in rooms where the acoustics and reverberation is a very serious problem, and it can be the same for the Bayz speakers as it is avoiding early reflections because of the cylindrical dispersion. In the end, both have very wide sweet spot and both could be used even asymmetrical to get the so-called holographic space.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing