dpbnet

Aug 26, 2023
New York
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about a low-end budget system: Oakcastle HiFi300. This unit comes with a headphone jack, which is absent from a number of other units. The problem is that it does not have bass / treble controls, also like many of these kinds of units. I listen mostly to classical music from CDs over headphones so bass / treble is important. So I thought a solution might be to plug the headphones into an adapter with bass / treble controls, then plug that into the headphone jack of the unit. It wouldn't solve the problem for the speakers but at least I would have some fine tuning control for the headphones. There is a Saiyin PA300 Home Audio Amplifier as well as some other adapters that seem to have this capability. Would this approach work?

Sorry, I'm a old newbie, so any suggestions are appreciated. I'm also looking into other CD stereo options.

Thanks.

David

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing