iFi Audio Hip-DAC 2 Gold Edition - Superior sonics now come in... gold!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

The audio world’s favourite hip-flask…

…now comes in GOLD!

Whatever you put in your hip-dac 2, RnB, pop, jazz or heavy metal, the limited gold edition is the one for you.
It is the same amazing portable, hi-res DAC/headphone amp as before with a new luxurious look and a performance tweak or two.

1.jpg

The hip-dac 2 gold edition benefits from a more extended treble and an upgraded power supply to bring you even more musical enjoyment. And, have we mentioned it yet? It’s gold!

Power and performance​

Replace the inferior DAC and amp circuitry in your smartphone, tablet, PC and Mac with the hip-dac 2 gold edition to vastly improve headphone sound both at home and on the go.

2.jpg

The hip-dac 2 gold edition offers state-of-the-art hi-res audio support – 24-bit/384kHz PCM, bit-perfect DSD and MQA.
It uses our powerful high-fidelity amp stage to drive all corded headphones and in-ear monitors with ease. The balanced circuit design delivers ultra-low signal distortion.

Superior sonics

It boasts a high-quality rotary analogue volume control and PowerMatch setting matches the level of drive to the connected headphones.

3.jpg

XBass tailors bass response to suit your music and your headphones.

The hip-dac 2 gold edition has two headphone outputs: 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced and 3.5mm S-Balanced. The S-Balanced output cuts distortion by 50% with single-ended headphone connections. It has USB-A input for audio and separate USB-C input for charging.

4.jpg

The seamless aluminium enclosure of the hip-dac 2 gold edition slips easily into a bag or pocket. And, it’s GOLD!!!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Fill up the other pocket
48 Fone in pocket ideas in 2023 | womens rights, pocket, pants
depositphotos_251034000-stock-photo-studio-shot-of-a-young.jpg er .

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
If I had photo shop, I am sure I could put this in her other pocket.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
g246HIPDAC2-o_other6.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Other than price and color aI am not sure what the difference is. Suffice it to say that it appears ito cures all the problems of the Hi ip- Dac, plus. i I would like to hear the DiabloX. While not as powerful the hip dac has a remarkable resemblance to the original Diablo.
More to come.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
If you have an older computer, you may have a compatibility problem. My computer is old and I purchased it used. When I plugged it in, ( got a message saying the device was not recognized. Same problem with the Hip- Dac 1. No problem with new laptop. This is not a real problem for me, since I primarily use it as a mobile device.
Be careful. The unit is capable of ear spitting levels. Always turn to minimum and adjust after music begins to play.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Love the gold. I saw a post recently that said Abbington Research (owned by iFi was reintroducing a cutting edge DAC. Does anyone have information on that?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I have not heard anything. It would be a good match for the Phantom.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing