paulstephane.github.io

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
The best of the youtube reports. What an effort. Thank you Ron

Reactions: Al M.

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
I have a hard time reconciling the sound I hear from this video with some of the very positive comments about this room from some forum members here. How did the system sound to you in the room?
One of the systems I would take in a heartbeat. Great tonality, texture, transparency, detail but most of all emotionally engrossing, the feeling of the vocalist and players superbly delivered! I was in the sweet spot 3rd row. I believe Ron was sweet spot 2nd row. Regarding videos, sometimes they give an accurate sense and sometimes not so much :)

Reactions: hopkins

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
One of the systems I would take in a heartbeat. Great tonality, texture, transparency, detail but most of all emotionally engrossing, the feeling of the vocalist and players superbly delivered! I was in the sweet spot 3rd row. I believe Ron was sweet spot 2nd row. Regarding videos, sometimes they give an accurate sense and sometimes not so much :)
BTW, I enjoy the sound on videos you post. I know you are having a great experience when you sit down for a listen. Semi-insightful comment alert: While a great system can sometimes sound mediocre on a video a mediocre system will never sound great on one :)

Reactions: hopkins
Nov 3, 2021
One of the best rooms in terms of how mature and organic the music (not the sound of the system) there sounded.... I visited that room few times and spent quite a long time just to give my ears relief and refresh my senses from lot of hi-fi contenders" . That room along with (big surprise) John Devore's new Bronze model just were were oasis of sheer musicality. Jeffrey Catalano is NYC's musical scene's unheralded treasure!
Thank you so much Ron for your graciousness and sensitivity towards High Water Sound. I truly appreciate from the bottom of my heart.

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
The room with JMF pre & amp, Ideon DAC, reclocker, and streamer, Steinheim speakers was excellent!

Reactions: Tuckia

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
This is one of the stand out rooms to me.
The person I met inside was very friendly and really explained the products
he loves Lampi as I do and made what I thought was very interesting comments on the past and present dacs sounds
in this room is the new posiden excuse if I have misspelled
it was a Complete setup for a fantastic sound
no boom and had a wonderful stage and sound just
Made you feel want to stay there.
of course there was a mob awaiting to get in
I went back many times.
I thank him for kindness while there.

trekpilot

Apr 30, 2018
Germantown, WI
This is one of the stand out rooms to me.
The person I met inside was very friendly and really explained the products
he loves Lampi as I do and made what I thought was very interesting comments on the past and present dacs sounds
in this room is the new posiden excuse if I have misspelled
it was a Complete setup for a fantastic sound
no boom and had a wonderful stage and sound just
Made you feel want to stay there.
of course there was a mob awaiting to get in
I went back many times.
I thank him for kindness while there.
This room was one of my favorites also.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Mcsnare

Apr 1, 2022
www.instagram.com
The colossal ESD horn system with this fancy Chinese lacquer color is US$4 million. In normal finish it's US$1.2 million, which is really very reasonable for all of these components!

I thought this monster sounded fantastic! I would substitute Viva Aurora Monos for all of the solid-state amplification, and I would substitute analog for streaming.
Looking at the picture of all the wiring, I wonder how much a customer would spend on cable lifters. :)

Reactions: NigelB and Pokey77

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
The room with JMF pre & amp, Ideon DAC, reclocker, and streamer, Steinheim speakers was excellent!
Michael, I liked this room as well, but unfortunately was way too small. The sound just wanted to expand but couldn’t in the near field set up. I noted that they were using the JMF power conditioner. From my perspective most rooms suffered from a same dryness in the sound which I suspect was attributable to the power grid. However, a few did not and this room was one of them. Overall, this was SS gear I could live with along with the Soulution gear in the Axiss room.

Reactions: hogen and 2ndLiner

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
This room was another standout for me. An abundance of tonal/textural info and handled different musical styles with ease... 1000031994.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

mxk116

Mar 24, 2022
Looks beefier than the good old Apogee Stage, but might be enough for a lot of listening rooms. If my panels go south, I'll get a pair of these.
Sunday afternoon I had just walked into the big Clarisys/Convergent Audio Technologies room (Nirvana C?), there were two guys on their hands and knees switching cables on some amps. When the music started again it filled the room. The sound was transparent and had scale and dynamics that were exceptional. The tonal density was wonderful from bottom to top. This was one of the rooms I experienced at the AXPONA 2024 that spoke to me "come sit down, relax and enjoy."

I went to the room to hear the Clarisys Auditorium Plus (I had previously not seen or heard it in person). If the accent lights on the floor were not spotlighting the diminutive Piccolo I could have been fooled into thinking this might be the Auditorium Plus looming over it. I still haven't heard that big one first hand but boy-oh-boy that little one is a winner no matter how you slice it; bravo!

IMG_2963.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing