Audio research Toggle switch - help

arda

Oct 16, 2011
Hi all

I am new to the forum. I am just trying to help my brother who managed to break one of the toggle switch from Audio Research Pre-Amp.

he is now trying to search for the parts but no luck.

I am wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction where we can get this parts.

I am in Australia.

Thanks

Attachments

• toggle..jpg
    toggle..jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,660
  • toggle..JPG
    toggle..JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,460

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Hi all

I am new to the forum. I am just trying to help my brother who managed to break one of the toggle switch from Audio Research Pre-Amp.

he is now trying to search for the parts but no luck.

I am wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction where we can get this parts.

I am in Australia.

Thanks

Unfortunately it seems according to the website that Audio Research does not have any consumer e-mail. They only provide their phone number in the USA.

http://www.audioresearch.com/index.html

Rich

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
arda, don't know which state you're in, but a first port of call, in NSW at least, would be Kedcorp, www.kedcorp.com.au, (02) 9561 0799. They're the mob behind Audio Connection, that handle many of the most expensive, big ticket brands here, and distribute Audio Research, so they should be able to help in some fashion, as a starting point.

Frank

Last edited:

arda

Oct 16, 2011
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your info.

I am in Brisbane so I might try both suggestions and see if I have any luck.

Cheers

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
I once replaced all 4 toggle switches in my ARC SP6E during the late 80's. I ordered it directly from ARC the cost was $14 US ea.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Though I am a longtime ARC user, I still find it a disservice to the ARC using public than an end user cannot email the factory in this day and age, precisely so that people who do not have a dealer nearby do not have to resort to forum shopping. (Though of course they provide their phone numbers and good thing long distance rates have dropped considerable in the last 10 years) About 7 years ago, an uncle of mine wanted me to help him order face plates for his Jadis CD transport and DAC as they were corroded. I emailed France and they directed me to Jadis HK. After so much frustration communicating with HK I finally wrote France and told them I got little help from HK and that I wanted to buy the parts straight from them. They agreed and the plates came in. Being able to communicate with the source is a great service, which unfortunately, ARC, and Magnepan do not provide. I share that misfortune of owning both.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
At least they sound great :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
At least they sound great :)

That's why I'm still married to them, Jack. If they sounded bad and had no email to boot, they will get the boot. ;)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have always used the fax number with great success - the response is usually very fast.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have always used the fax number with great success - the response is usually very fast.

now that's an option. i still wonder why they don't want to do it via email since faxing involves a couple of extra steps of printing and faxing. they're afraid of virus and spams maybe? ;)

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
It's much easier to email than fax nowadays. And how many international customers would think twice before incurring IDD charges. Email is free.

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
For me its easier to call them specially if you own a Magic Jack .The customer relation name is Kalvin he replaced Leonard when he retired 2 years ago. Every once in a while I get to talk to Leonard when he takes over Kalvin's position when his on leave. Another option is to buy a phone card w/c in our country is so cheap. For 30 mins it will cost only 100 pesos.

tdh888

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing