Audio Mixer with at a least 3 USB inputs

Knox Ross

Sep 30, 2021
Hi -

I must not be using the right Google criteria for my search.

We have a need to mix audio input from up to 3 USB wireless lavalier mics and also outputs to USB. This is to accomodate faculty at our college who wish to hold Zoom / Gogole Meeting from classroom that are not equipped with mics.

Ideally the mixer would be portable and have also have XML and 1/4' inputs.

Anyone have a suggestion?

TIA

Ross

GieterGat

Mar 17, 2022
I don't have a suggestion for a mixer to use here, but because I've got a similar dilemma myself I've considered some workarounds.

A number of wireless lavalier mics with USB output (Samson XPD2 being a prime example) allow direct output using a 3.5mm audio jack on a converter cable (e.g. 3.5mm male to XLR or 3.5mm to 6.35mm) which be plugged directly into a mixer. This would necessitate external power to the USB units, but it's easily doable.

Alternatively you could consider buying a dedicated receiver/transmitter for use with wireless microphones, and plug that unit into your mixer. However, if you've already spent money on the lavalier wireless to USB receiver microphones, this will be at additional (unnecessary) cost.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing