Audio Magic Nano-Liquid Fuses---mikey likey :)

I love sarcasm, sorry.

Actually I could care less about the fuse stuff. But I think MikeL could do a series of A/B tests at the minimum. And if he doesn't want to take some heat, then why did he post this in the general forum with emoticons in the title :)

I predict $500 fuses soon btw.

Hi

OT

What do you think will happen first:

1) $100,000 Speaker Cable
2) $100,000 Equipment Rack?
3) $500 Fuses

I love sarcasm, sorry.

Actually I could care less about the fuse stuff. But I think MikeL could do a series of A/B tests at the minimum. And if he doesn't want to take some heat, then why did he post this in the general forum with emoticons in the title :)

I predict $500 fuses soon btw.

you are probably right. next time i'll just keep it to myself. no sarcasim intended.

this is the wrong website for unproven impressions. there are others where it's fine.

you are probably right. next time i'll just keep it to myself. no sarcasim intended.

this is the wrong website for unproven impressions. there are others where it's fine.

Don't be so hasty, Mike, and ignore the nay-sayers! I for one find reading about such revelations as these fuses fascinating. No proof needed.

Does anyone know who the actual manufacturer is for the HiFi Tuning fuses, and also for the AMR gold plated fuse?
AMR is interesting as they are an audio manufacturer of CD players-DACs/amps/etc and pretty well established in the UK, also their fuse is half the price of a comparable model (seems to be but difficult to tell) from HiFi Tuning.
http://www.amr-audio.co.uk/html/goldfuse_individual.html - additional info such as Features and FAQ on right of the 4 pics.
http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/28-fuses - reference for comparing prices here in UK for several fuses.

Cheers
Orb

Unhappily it is becoming a rule in WBF. We have a lot of growing threads on sports, films, crimes, DSD versus PCM, but every time someone risks his opinion about sound quality in subjective matters he is immediately required to prove it, followed by some comments about abusive pricing. IMHO, we can learn a lot more if people are freely allowed to expose their impressions.

The only speculative threads where you do not need to prove anything are about nostalgia equipment - here there is some acceptance of unproven impressions.

Unhappily it is becoming a rule in WBF. We have a lot of growing threads on sports, films, crimes, DSD versus PCM, but every time someone risks his opinion about sound quality in subjective matters he is immediately required to prove it, followed by some comments about abusive pricing. IMHO, we can learn a lot more if people are freely allowed to expose their impressions.

The only speculative threads where you do not need to prove anything are about nostalgia equipment - here there is some acceptance of unproven impressions.

well said... from across the pond !

http://www.amr-audio.co.uk/html/goldfuse_individual.html - additional info such as Features and FAQ on right of the 4 pics.

I find this in the quoted link:

"For visual equipment (plasma, LCD televisions, projectors, BD and DVD players etc…), the AMR Gold Fuse has been found to raise the level of performance with:

-Sharper picture definition
-Richer colours and blacker blacks
-Much reduced picture “noise”

For BD and DVD players, A/B caps where each and every pixel triad can be queried and analyzed should show this. Richer colors? What pixel is rendered differently with one fuse vs another? Blacker blacks? Which pixel gets changed better than RGB 16,16,16? Does changing a fuse require me to recalibrate if my black level, saturation, and gamut changes, as is the claim?

When the claims go to rendering digital video, they should document and show it with before and after A/B screen caps IMO.

Yes. Anyone should be able to post their impressions without having to prove scientifically they are accurate. As long as everyone knows how they where arrived at there is no reason for ridicule.

If anyone wants to conduct their own objective experiments please do so and post your own conclusions.

Mike

I did write a long reply. It got lost with my internet connection. I am trying to write something similar. This is my second post on the need to have debates and I hope I am not repeating myself.

WBF has become a goto for me and many. Reminds me somewhat of the Cheers bar. We come here to discuss about everything and learn and share our experiences. We discuss, remember the term "discuss", about everything from food to Audio and from time to time the odd politics but not labelled-as-such political topic. Heck! we were discussing about the terrible story of Oscar Pistorius and we went on one thread from people copying Gary L Koh's speakers to a jazz pianist I never heard about in the same thread. The breadth of systems members possess here is stupendous .. People like yourself, Steve Williams, Jack. Marty, Stereo (the person with the Q7 and STM room), Gary, Bruce and so many I forget .. We even have one of our members: Roysen who amuses himself in not having not one but three or 4 Out-of-this-World-make-you-run-out-of-superlative SYSTEMS insist on the plural.. And they drive cars and they race bikes and they make recordings and they make gears , serious gears and they review them and some make food .. great food enough to want to buy a ticket to go to Australia.. That is a wealth of knowledge of experience and well we debate and we contest and we fight politely we hope. And we agree sometimes often not. We must debate and question perceptions. The human sensory apparatus is not reliable and you know that.
What do you expect with a system like yours which can go nowhere but sideways when you declare that changing the fuse in the bass amp out of the signal path, makes what you term as a stupendous change? In the bass amp. We discuss , we disagree and some of us myself included make some fun of it. What is wrong with that? I repeat?? Think about it for a few mins before replying. No one posts should be taken as definitive truth, it advances no one. Your opinions are welcome, valued and respected but debated they will always be .. discussed ..
Man! stay around and post your impressions and they will be debated, discussed, even made fun off.. That is what a forum of different highly opinionated and many of them very knowledgeable, do. That is a healthy behavior .. Else it become a religion , a cult , a flock... I , for one would not come if it were to become that. For those who compare us to Hydrogen Audio or Audio Kharma I don't think such allegation deserves a reply.

Thanks, Frantz, great post!

Thanks, Frantz. You take my breath away. That was a great post.

This is why I'm here too.... even when I don't post, I'm reading the quality debate. And on WBF, the quality of the debate allows the reader to learn. Whether its a $35,000 tonearm or a $100 fuse that makes a stupendous difference, even beyond the difference that a change in speakers and amplifiers will make, it's all a listening impression and the ensuing debate illuminates. The light may unearth some dustballs or reflect the sparkle of a diamond..... without the light, neither would be discovered.

Thanks, Frantz. You take my breath away. That was a great post.

This is why I'm here too.... even when I don't post, I'm reading the quality debate. And on WBF, the quality of the debate allows the reader to learn. Whether its a $35,000 tonearm or a $100 fuse that makes a stupendous difference, even beyond the difference that a change in speakers and amplifiers will make, it's all a listening impression and the ensuing debate illuminates. The light may unearth some dustballs or reflect the sparkle of a diamond..... without the light, neither would be discovered.

---- That too was well said Gary, and can totally relate as well. :b

* Here at WBF, I read at least ten times more than I post. ...Fact!

I find this in the quoted link:

"For visual equipment (plasma, LCD televisions, projectors, BD and DVD players etc…), the AMR Gold Fuse has been found to raise the level of performance with:

-Sharper picture definition
-Richer colours and blacker blacks
-Much reduced picture “noise”

For BD and DVD players, A/B caps where each and every pixel triad can be queried and analyzed should show this. Richer colors? What pixel is rendered differently with one fuse vs another? Blacker blacks? Which pixel gets changed better than RGB 16,16,16? Does changing a fuse require me to recalibrate if my black level, saturation, and gamut changes, as is the claim?

When the claims go to rendering digital video, they should document and show it with before and after A/B screen caps IMO.

I tend to ignore such aspects but agree to us it is not helpful although others who do not care about electronics prefer to read that than the following quote below, do you listen to adverts about shavers providing the "closest shave yet with a smooth feel",etc :)

Anyway this is what the other links I mentioned to click on say, the focus IMO should be on this (which hopefully will assist in knowing more about the construction and who main manufacturer):

Design: • Silver alloy fuse wire, non-spiral, low inductance
Body: • Shock resistant, anti-resonant ceramic body
End Caps: • Special non-magnetic, Gold-plated copper end caps

1.Ceramic body: anti-resonant, to eliminate microphonic issues. The traditional glass body will resonate and impart its own undesirable sonic/visual signature on the audio or visual system.
2.High-Grade silver alloy wire: eliminate microphonic issues, low inductance and reduced power degradation issues, non-spiral design. AMR likens the degradation to using a low-cost volume control found in many CD players and amplifiers which with its carbon/steel contacts will significantly spoil the delicate signal that passes through. A fuse wire made from silver alloy was found to be the most effective at preserving the mains electricity.
3.Special Non-Magnetic, Gold-plated, copper end-caps: best electrical transfer and over time, gold will not oxidise like silver, hence maximum long-term reliability. The end caps are copper, the highest quality material to use for end-caps. It is worth noting that pure silver is too soft for this application and will oxidise over time which further degrades the sound quality. Therefore, gold-plated copper end-caps are the most reliable and best performing.

Please no need to pick this description apart, yes we can all see a few liberal elements in this.
Cheers
Orb

(...) And on WBF, the quality of the debate allows the reader to learn. Whether its a $35,000 tonearm or a $100 fuse that makes a stupendous difference, even beyond the difference that a change in speakers and amplifiers will make, it's all a listening impression and the ensuing debate illuminates. The light may unearth some dustballs or reflect the sparkle of a diamond..... without the light, neither would be discovered.

Gary,

Thanks. You re-wrote my main point much better than me. Believe it or not the essence are the listening impressions ...

Skepticism can be a healthy endeavor, if done with an open mind.

The problem is that many of these devices are often considered "Tweaks" ... and as such ... that connotation alone hints of "charlatan" ... which sparks debate.

What I find most irritating, is the response to questions regarding these devices, it usually gets answered with the typical solicitation ... "just try em, then make up your mind", or "you don't have an opinion unless you try 'em". Whenever I read that crap regarding a questionable or silly tweak, I instantly think Geoff Kait!

It also doesn't help that many of these devices use descriptors like "quantum" or "nano" without proper explanation, and in the same vain, we are told that they're "revelatory" ... ?

Therefore, in many cases, the questionable marketing and over-hyped reviews invite skepticism.

tb1

As long as they come with a 100% refund policy, try them as you like. I have been busy researching amps, CDP, and NOS tubes, that fuses are not high on my list. Maybe when things settle down, I will try them. The AMR fuses seem more $ reasonable.

I was going to order a pair for my amps, but looked on the back and there is no fuse. Must be inside... bummer.

I'll certainly get some for other sources though and maybe the pre

I was going to order a pair for my amps, but looked on the back and there is no fuse. Must be inside... bummer.

I'll certainly get some for other sources though and maybe the pre

I don't think there is a fuse on the XA amps Bruce. It's a thermal coupled circuit breaker.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing