Analog Magik

Kcin

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Thanks for the follow-up. Maybe if I see results from a cartridge that does correlate well with the AM tests it will make more sense. I would like to see some type of roll up, summary or conclusion from each test along with the raw data
I am getting closer to getting the Ortofon Cartridge analyzer running. Many problems associated with old age on this unit. Its ironic because I know my dealer friend who bought this originally rarely used it... use or loose it as they say. All that aside, when you got your cartridge analyzed with that machine some 40 or so years ago you got a summary
print out like attached. Very cool.

IMG_0623.jpg IMG_0624.jpg

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 4, 2014
I am getting closer to getting the Ortofon Cartridge analyzer running. Many problems associated with old age on this unit. Its ironic because I know my dealer friend who bought this originally rarely used it... use or loose it as they say. All that aside, when you got your cartridge analyzed with that machine some 40 or so years ago you got a summary

View attachment 50002 View attachment 50003
That's really neat, covering cartridges and tonearms. You could compare Ortofon results with AnalogMagik results. Does it use test tracks with output fed into the custom computer?

Kcin

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
That's really neat, covering cartridges and tonearms. You could compare Ortofon results with AnalogMagik results. Does it use test tracks with output fed into the custom computer?
Yes exactly, it has a set of test records and you attach your turntable to the analyzer and run the sequence. See post #70 above.

May 30, 2010
Portugal

View attachment 50002 View attachment 50003
I would also check the condition of the test LP - can you currently get spare LPs for the Ortofon Cartridge analyzer?

Perhaps people want to see how Ortofon checks their cartridges - https://www.ortofon.com/hifi/technology/the-measurement-test-chain

Kcin

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
I would also check the condition of the test LP - can you currently get spare LPs for the Ortofon Cartridge analyzer?

Perhaps people want to see how Ortofon checks their cartridges - https://www.ortofon.com/hifi/technology/the-measurement-test-chain
No, unfortunately, there is no support for the TC-3000 analyzer. I wrote Ortofon looking for prints but none to be had as the engineers and folks associated with this device are long gone and files evidently purged. The test records in my kit are pristine.

Its funny because the unit is full of Motorola 6800 series Micro processors- this and the Intel 8086 were the basis for my early education in these devices.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing