American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Tango)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@Tango I actually wonder if you will start to prefer the Lyra to the Master Sig with the new amps...
I was just listening to the Master Sig. The AtlasSL is on the SAEC but my DIN phono cable is broken..signals only come out one side. I listened to two piano pieces. The obvious I could hear was the contrast in dynamic of each pressing of piano key. The dynamic on the head of each note was obviously more pronounced..as if the pianist was emotional over someting and reflected it in his playing. The sound is darker than my Ayon. This satisfies my expectation. I am a listener who crazy for high tone full extension. The darker denser tone does not come at the expense of this at all.

I found some shortfalls. But Micro said negatives could become no negatives once the gears are at full potential. So no mentioning of negatives ... for now. :p

Kind regards,
Tang

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I knew you were going to like the ML3, Tang!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Reactions: christoph

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) The sound is darker than my Ayon. This satisfies my expectation. I am a listener who crazy for high tone full extension. The darker denser tone does not come at the expense of this at all.

I found some shortfalls. But Micro said negatives could become no negatives once the gears are at full potential. So no mentioning of negatives ... for now. :p

Kind regards,
Tang

This darker sound needs careful matching. It is extremely pleasant, but can easily mask existing information. I had this problem when using Mogami speaker cables.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes the T-shirt says “ My other amp is a Lamm”.:)

I have 14 Lamm wood crates in my garage and there were no T-shirts inside ... :oops:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I may print up a t-shirt
"Zu - my other spkrs are Wilsons"
(Both made in Utah).

Reactions: christoph

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: Steve Williams

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
[QUOTE=" The obvious I could hear was the contrast in dynamic of each pressing of piano key. The dynamic on the head of each note was obviously more pronounced..as if the pianist was emotional over someting and reflected it in his playing. [/QUOTE]

Aaaaah There you go :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
This darker sound needs careful matching. It is extremely pleasant, but can easily mask existing information. I had this problem when using Mogami speaker cables.
My Kuro's are SilverGold solid core.They lay out more info than any other cable I found. People rave about Bocchino's. I have them in all connecting points too. And the Cheng Cheng's. They just dont hype any certain frequencies to make certain dynamic pop and end up masking nuances like many power cords do. So no nuances or info lost for me. In fact I now have more ambient like when I had subs on too now.

Four clicks on volume knobs of LL1.1 is already louder than the level I normally listen to.

Shortfalls? 1) Sound less open than Ayon. 2) Sound a bit less organized like when I first introduced Cheng Cheng in my system.

Tang :)

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
My Kuro's are SilverGold solid core.They lay out more info than any other cable I found. People rave about Bocchino's. I have them in all connecting points too. And the Cheng Cheng's. They just dont hype any certain frequencies to make certain dynamic pop and end up masking nuances like many power cords do. So no nuances or info lost for me. In fact I now have more ambient like when I had subs on too now.

Four clicks on volume knobs of LL1.1 is already louder than the level I normally listen to.

Shortfalls? 1) Sound less open than Ayon. 2) Sound a bit less organized like when I first introduced Cheng Cheng in my system.

Give it some burn in time, and don’t forget your room and cable where optimized
for your old setup. You might have to change some things around for the best result.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Give it some burn in time, and don’t forget your room and cable where optimized
for your old setup. You might have to change some things around for the best result.

Yea Tang. You know need a whole new set of cables :p

Reactions: bonzo75

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California

I really liked the sound from Ayon, AS2000, EMT, Master Sig you had previously... As best could be discerned from YouTube videos with your dog barking. Or was it the phone ringing. But, whew, what a lineup. The darker and denser tonality of Lamm (and I heard it the same way in a show room) is why I thought it might benefit from what sounded to me a more incisive signature from AS2000 + Atlas SL. Maybe you should revisit the combo again?

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

Dear Tang,

it will be interesting to me whether your musical world expands or contracts with the ML3 musical viewpoint. will you become more focused on certain music and even specific tt's and cart's which play to the strengths of the Lamm view, or will it open up the musical landscape wider? or maybe these things won't change at all.

no right or wrong about this. and it will take some time for this to naturally work itself out.

this issue is not just an electronics issue, it can be connected to room size, mood, and personal taste too. and we all go through phases where we are connected to certain types of music, so it's not anything we determine quickly.

when i was going through my amplifier trials last spring this became an important aspect in my thinking. what music was most important, or was it all important?

best wishes and i'm enjoying your amazing journey a great deal.

best regards,

Mike

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
o_O
Dear Tang,

it will be interesting to me whether your musical world expands or contracts with the ML3 musical viewpoint. will you become more focused on certain music and even specific tt's and cart's which play to the strengths of the Lamm view, or will it open up the musical landscape wider? or maybe these things won't change at all.

no right or wrong about this. and it will take some time for this to naturally work itself out.

this issue is not just an electronics issue, it can be connected to room size, mood, and personal taste too. and we all go through phases where we are connected to certain types of music, so it's not anything we determine quickly.

when i was going through my amplifier trials last spring this became an important aspect in my thinking. what music was most important, or was it all important?

best wishes and i'm enjoying your amazing journey a great deal.

best regards,

Mike

This is speculation on top of speculation, but I am hoping that Tang does not find with the Lamms the dynamic and thus the musical genre limitations that you found, and that I found as well.

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: Long Live Analog

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
o_O

This is speculation on top of speculation, but I am hoping that Tang does not find with the Lamms the dynamic and thus the musical genre limitations that you found, and that I found as well.

my expectation is with Tang's horns and room size amplifier power won't be the issue relative to this question.

but none-the-less it will be something i watch with interest.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
o_O

No reason why it should do it that with his horns. It is such speakers that such amps are meant to be played with.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing