American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Mr. T's)

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
With two purpose built massive listening rooms packed with the most exotic high end equipment and a 3rd building under consideration as a high end museum serious doesn't begin to describe Mr. T's passion of high end.

Here's my Thai support team, Pisset is the technical and setup wiz working with all the major high end guys in Bangkok, really lucky to have him there.

_DSC2912.jpeg

The primary system Vox Olympians, Kondo, EMT 927 and AS-2000

_DSC2918.jpeg

_DSC2963.jpeg

_DSC2967.jpeg

_DSC2957.jpeg

david

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What an amazing loudspeaker "tour"!

LL21 and I like those Chronosonic subwoofers!

Do you know what amplifier Mr. T is using to drive the subwoofers? (Or did you make him disconnect the subwoofers from the system? :p)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear David,

Did you have chance to hear the Invictus?

How do the Wilson Chronosonics sound?

The room looks H U G E! What are the approximate dimensions of the room?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Incredible. Incredible. ...
...one more time...
...INCREDIBLE.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
What an amazing loudspeaker "tour"!

LL21 and I like those Chronosonic subwoofers!

Do you know what amplifier Mr. T is using to drive the subwoofers? (Or did you make him disconnect the subwoofers from the system? :p)

There was a time pressure and I honestly didn't get a chance to notice the what amps he was using on the subs. I did turn Vox subs off for setup :)! The owner wasn't there so no one objected.

Dear David,

Did you have chance to hear the Invictus?

How do the Wilson Chronosonics sound?

The room looks H U G E! What are the approximate dimensions of the room?

Both rooms are huge, this is a money no object situation and the room isn't a hindrance. You know, the Wilsons were playing with the Dartz and you're asking a SET vintage horn guy if he liked solid state sound pumping through 20 odd drivers, visually impressive is how I would like to describe them, to be fair they’re still in the middle of setup.

david

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Mr. T's 2nd prime system, Wilson Wamm, Darts and AS-2000
(...)
david

Speechless again ... Do we see a Kondo KSL DAC in this system? Probably for speaker burn-in ...:)

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Oh my god!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
There is actually another “Mr.T” who has pretty much the same gears as this “Mr.T” but David didn’t get a chance to install the AS in his system. They both are nice gentlemen.

Tang

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I love those slotted wooden walls, very cool !

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
There is actually another “Mr.T” who has pretty much the same gears as this “Mr.T” but David didn’t get a chance to install the AS in his system. They both are nice gentlemen.

Tang
So there are two Mr.T’s and then you Tang. Mr. TT.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Systems are awesome. Great taste in music with Trentemoller The Last Resort on vinyl.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Systems are awesome. Great taste in music with Trentemoller The Last Resort on vinyl.

Wow...well spotted! Great album...was just listening to it 2-3 days ago!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing