American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Tango)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I guess I won’t ever be able to visit, Tang. I cannot eat spicy food.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
I guess I won’t ever be able to visit, Tang. I cannot eat spicy food.

+1

Might manage the green chicken curry, but won’t be able to emulate DDKs feat...without sweating ....David’s the man!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I bribed him to write my system good words with Thai home made dishes. The Chef at my office is excellent. The last Fantastic! Fantastic! he screamed was coming from Chicken Green Curry. Ddk also liked my Pad Krapraw Moo (Stir fried ground pork with chili and basil leaf) very much. I have never seen anyone (not even a Thai) eat as burning hot as ddk without breaking any sweat before in my life.

Anyway. Go Direct flight please!

Tang

Tang. very tempting for me to come to Bangkok - great system, great music and in house Thai chef - I love Thai food and of course, you the host is almost secondary importance heheh :) The only thing I am interested is listening - could bring some of my choice vinyl over - non classical. I can amuse myself at night time.

I can bring the SME 3012R over to swap with the SAT :cool:

now, can I get this past the wife? :rolleyes:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
now, can I get this past the wife? :rolleyes:

Dear Shane,

My wife let me go so mad on audio as long as I leave my office at 4pm for home and no audio on weekends to spend time with my boy. Given this limited window openning, I am not such a good host. But if you fit my time I can savor the flavors of Thai food for you. Happy stomach makes happy listening.

Tang :)

Reactions: beaur

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Dear Shane,

My wife let me go so mad on audio as long as I leave my office at 4pm for home and no audio on weekends to spend time with my boy. Given this limited window openning, I am not such a good host. But if you fit my time I can savor the flavors of Thai food for you. Happy stomach makes happy listening.

Tang. spending quality time with your children is the best time of your life - or should be. Your wife is smart as when they get closer to 18, parents are not so important except for when they need some money - lol.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: XV-1

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Dear Jarek,

We are in this together. Thanks so much for putting time and effort in building this rack for me. When all design parameters are consistent the result is very very fruitful. Hope one day I can have a custom rack for my EMT :D.

Kidest regards,
Tang

Dear Tang,

You know that I have a soft spot on 927, owing 930. Would love to work on that,.

Cheers,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
So we .cannot trust Keds opinion he’s addicted to your green curry.....no wonder he was so frenetic with his listening ;)

Dear Awsmone,

Do you want to trust a guy who, before given luncheon, said he never heard a 927 that really catched his ears. And then after given lunchen said your 927 is the best 927 he has ever heard?

Tang

@Bonzo. I like teasing you because I found you annoyingly unique with good heart. I will stop now. I never asked of your opinions on my system and gears. It will be interesting to read your perspective on them. And I didnt look at your notes eventhough you sloppily left them on my table. The photo of notes I whatApped you was taken by my driver. I didnt look when sent to you.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . .

@Bonzo. I like teasing you because I found you annoyingly unique . . .

Tang, respectfully, are you sure you do not mean "uniquely annoying." ;)

Reactions: abeidrov

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Dear Awsmone,

Do you want to trust a guy who, before given luncheon, said he never heard a 927 that really catched his ears. And then after given lunchen said your 927 is the best 927 he has ever heard?

Tang

@Bonzo. I like teasing you because I found you annoyingly unique with good heart. I will stop now. I never asked of your opinions on my system and gears. It will be interesting to read your perspective on them. And I didnt look at your notes eventhough you sloppily left them on my table. The photo of notes I whatApped you was taken by my driver. I didnt look when sent to you.

Lol.....I think his comment about 927 makes sense, he never heard one he enjoyed, but your was the best of the bunch he has heard, just not sure if he likes it though??

Is he annoying cos he is unique, or has he a unique annoyingness?

I can see it both ways

He travels the world to hear great hifi, and fiddles with everyone else gear without owning much himself, and has experienced a lot through other people’s systems, yet still goes to concerts

It does make some sense, but it’s isn’t what many people do, so it’s hard to understand why he does it

But yes he does have a good heart :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang, "best 927" is unfair to your 927. It is one of the best TTs I heard, and if not for the one drawback we both beard and which I will address, would have been the best.

I will post your report just before the platform change. All posts between today and the platform change will be lost and there will be peace and quiet from the 11th.

What I left on your table was page 5 of my scribbled stuff, observations on day 4. Most of it will be incomprehensible to someone else except for one glaring thing when pointed out.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Dear Shane,

I ended up combining them both as I generally sat with my kids listening to my system. Would also generally have music on when doing homework or reading.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
BREAKING NEWS:
(Just try to imitate Ron)

My secretary just busted my ZYX Universe premium. The diamond tip now turned 90 degree parellel to the vinyl. The ZYX was definitely my karma with infinite dramas. Or should I look at the bright side and take this is as an opportunity to buy a new cart. o_O

Tang

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
BREAKING NEWS:

My secretary just busted my ZYX Universe premium. The diamond tip now turned 90 degree parellel to the vinyl. The ZYX was definitely my karma with infinite dramas. Or should I look at the bright side and take this is as an opportunity to buy a new cart. o_O

Tang

So sorry to read this! :eek:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
BREAKING NEWS:

Tang

hmmm that is no good or sounds like code for I WANT a new cartridge ;) What is on the menu Tang?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang I hit like on your post. I was confused whether I should or not, because zyx breaking is not a good thing, but you buying another one is, plus it is fun to read it the way you wrote it.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang I hit like on your post. I was confused whether I should or not, because zyx breaking is not a good thing, but you buying another one is, plus it is fun to read it the way you wrote it.
When this kind of $h_t happened, nothing you could do. Just have to laugh it out ;). Would you hit more like if I were to buy the MC Century?

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
When this kind of $h_t happened, nothing you could do. Just have to laugh it out ;). Would you hit more like if I were to buy the MC Century?

Tang

Sure Tang, if you want to collect likes, just keep breaking them and buying them

Reactions: XV-1

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Firstly, sorry to hear that Tang! I hope it leads to something good (like a surprisingly good new cartridge)

I actually am more interested in DaveyF's message about the stylus guards! I am getting a colibri xgw master signature and would love to have a proper guard for it!

Reactions: DaveyF

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) I actually am more interested in DaveyF's message about the stylus guards! I am getting a colibri xgw master signature and would love to have a proper guard for it!

Stylus guards can be a danger - I think I have heard more times about damage caused by people misplacing them than from hazards due to non users.

The only solid solution seems to be the bulky and inconvenient turntable cover.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing