Alluxity Power One Stereo Amplifier

Khorn

Sep 21, 2021
…North York (Toronto) Canada
As the anchor of my new system I purchased the Alluxity Power One Stereo Amplifier This is of Danish manufacture out of the Vitus family. I’m more than overjoyed with the design, construction and specially the Sound Quality of this unit. This is the best sounding amp that I’ve had driving my speakers that I’ve used for well over 40 years now.

As it’s not very popular or widely distributed over here I’d be interested in hearing from anyone else who has this amplifier or another Alluxity product and can relate their experience.
Thanks

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats....I know the importer here but have never heard it, nor know much about it. What is the background on their designs? I looked at the website, but could find out much. Any insights would be great...what came before Alluxity for you? Given the Vitus connection, is this stuff pure Class A? It does not seem so, but that is purely based on size where Class A higher power tend to be very big.

Reactions: Khorn

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
As the anchor of my new system I purchased the Alluxity Power One Stereo Amplifier This is of Danish manufacture out of the Vitus family. I’m more than overjoyed with the design, construction and specially the Sound Quality of this unit. This is the best sounding amp that I’ve had driving my speakers that I’ve used for well over 40 years now.

As it’s not very popular or widely distributed over here I’d be interested in hearing from anyone else who has this amplifier or another Alluxity product and can relate their experience.
Thanks
Congratulations on it. A great amplifier.

Khorn

Sep 21, 2021
Congrats....I know the importer here but have never heard it, nor know much about it. What is the background on their designs? I looked at the website, but could find out much. Any insights would be great...what came before Alluxity for you? Given the Vitus connection, is this stuff pure Class A? It does not seem so, but that is purely based on size where Class A higher power tend to be very big.
I’ve been running seperates since the early 70s after my last receiver based system. At that time someone suggested I look at McIntosh. I went to a dealer and ended up with a
3 way bi amplified Pro JBL/McIntosh club/concert venue type system in an approximately
14’ x 12’ room. Insanity ruled.
From there it went to a Bryston based system the initial 1b pre and 4b power amp tha hung around for maybe 10-15 years or so. I’ve had a few systems driving my Klipschorns for over 40 years now from all KR tube amps to all SS to my new and preferred tube preamp and SS power amp configuration. I’ve had too many in between pieces to even remember. My previous system to now was SS with a highly upgraded N.E.W. A60 amp with an Accustic Arts preamplifier.

I bought the Alluxity based on recommendation of people who’s judgement I highly respect. They were drawn in by the sound quality this amp presented with a few different speaker systems that they were very familiar with. I replaced my whole system except for my main speakers. Many think I’m a bit bonkers for choosing such a powerful current capable class AB amplifier to use with my Klipschorns but I choose that amp for those very reasons and its proving to pay off big time. I’ve never had an amp whose SQ even approaches this one.

There are a few comprehensive in depth reviews on line but I’m hoping to get some feedback from some Alluxity users as it seems at present that they are rather few and far between.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you for a great read...sounds like one to read up on.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I’ve been running seperates since the early 70s after my last receiver based system. At that time someone suggested I look at McIntosh. I went to a dealer and ended up with a
3 way bi amplified Pro JBL/McIntosh club/concert venue type system in an approximately
14’ x 12’ room. Insanity ruled.
From there it went to a Bryston based system the initial 1b pre and 4b power amp tha hung around for maybe 10-15 years or so. I’ve had a few systems driving my Klipschorns for over 40 years now from all KR tube amps to all SS to my new and preferred tube preamp and SS power amp configuration. I’ve had too many in between pieces to even remember. My previous system to now was SS with a highly upgraded N.E.W. A60 amp with an Accustic Arts preamplifier.

I bought the Alluxity based on recommendation of people who’s judgement I highly respect. They were drawn in by the sound quality this amp presented with a few different speaker systems that they were very familiar with. I replaced my whole system except for my main speakers. Many think I’m a bit bonkers for choosing such a powerful current capable class AB amplifier to use with my Klipschorns but I choose that amp for those very reasons and its proving to pay off big time. I’ve never had an amp whose SQ even approaches this one.

There are a few comprehensive in depth reviews on line but I’m hoping to get some feedback from some Alluxity users as it seems at present that they are rather few and far between.
I use 450 watts on my klipschorn and it sounds excellent.you can also turn it up when you feel like it because there’s plenty of power in reserve.

dolphin_swim

Nov 4, 2021

Thanks
New to the forum and great to see a post on this amp. My system is missing a preamp (the remote went dead) and I am looking to see if I should replace it with an intergrated. I have been listening to online demos of a number of them, including the Vitus' (all the way up to the Humboldt). I wonder if the Alluxity sounds anything like the Vitus which I felt delivered more emotions than say McIntosh MA12000 and Boulder 866?

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
New to the forum and great to see a post on this amp. My system is missing a preamp (the remote went dead) and I am looking to see if I should replace it with an intergrated. I have been listening to online demos of a number of them, including the Vitus' (all the way up to the Humboldt). I wonder if the Alluxity sounds anything like the Vitus which I felt delivered more emotions than say McIntosh MA12000 and Boulder 866?
Welcome dolphin swim to wbf.

Khorn

Sep 21, 2021
I guess if anything I find this amp more musically involving than any I’ve had in well over 50 years now. Makes me smile every day.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing