Active speakers or pasive speakers/ stereo amp combo in 500ish range

Puliro

Dec 14, 2019
Hello guys,
so I am currently using Audio-GD R2R-11 with my Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x. I would like to add a pair of speakers to my pc setup for music and movies in the 500ish range. The room is 25 m^2. I have been looking at active speakers such as Kanto yu6 or Klipsch R-51PM. But I am open to the passive speakers/stereo amp combo as well. Would you have some recommendation which would be better for the money. Also I would like to have an opportunity to add a subwoofer in the future if the bass will not be sufficient.

The Audio-GD R2R-11 is a DAC/headphone amp/speaker pre amp with rca output

Thanks for any recommendations

Last edited:

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
Well I am using a pair of JBL 308 Mk 2 with a sub in my office. I would definitely look for a sub option to use with them. Any of the smaller speakers will benefit by getting the LF into a sub and they will sound much better having a solid foundation as opposed to the thin sound missing the last 2 octaves if used alone.

Rob :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing