Recommendations Welcome

MisterScott

Mar 21, 2022
I know, not another recommendation thread.

Situation. Room is 250 inches, by

Wilson Alexandria X2 speakers, VTL 6.5 Mark II tube preamp, Bryston power conditioners, Bryston BCD-3 CD player, Parasound JC1+ amps X2. Setting up a 2-channel system. I have a Bryston Signature reference sub if necessary, and I will do a full room tune exercise once everything is hooked up. 11 foot ceilings and heavy drapes on one wall the width of two sliders. No other windows. Floor is slab concrete. Floor is carpeted. Dedicated 2X 20 Amp circuits and dedicated 3X data cables on a direct 30 foot run to a server rack.

I would like recommendations for a Network/Streamer/Transport, DAC that can accept the appropriate inputs and a subtle transport for at least CD and SACD. I know DVD audio is a bit problematic.

I own two Hifi Rose components right now. A RS250 for my desk setup and a RS 150B for my home theater room. I am familiar with the platform and they make a new network transport.

Cables have yet to be terminated. Looking to open between $20 and $25K for the components. 2-3 components feeding DAC, DAC feeding VTL, VTL to Parasounds. I will add Roon to this system. I have a NAS that I think can host. 2 year old QNAP.

I have hunted around many threads here and other boards. I just wanted to bring the whole picture together.

Thanks in advance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing