A TV for your garden!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
That's pretty nice, John. I cringe at the thought of how much just the installation costs, let alone the whole system. Regardless, that's pretty sweet.

Tom

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
The really stupid thing is, you've got the car, you've got the mansion, you've got the champagne, you've got the beautiful girl reclining on a sofa in the garden, and .....

you are going to watch TV?

It would be fun to have an anti-aircraft/ballistic missile system installed in the garden, though. :)

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I used to have a neighbor that would set up a projector in the back yard at night and point it at the side of his garage in the summer. Cooler than watching a movie inside without A/C in the summer I guess.

It looks a bit elaborate and unnecessary but I think that is the point.:)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
It would be fun to have an anti-aircraft/ballistic missile system installed in the garden, though. :)

Until you turned on the radar/fire control system for the first time...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The really stupid thing is, you've got the car, you've got the mansion, you've got the champagne, you've got the beautiful girl reclining on a sofa in the garden, and .....

you are going to watch TV?

LOL

Dude, you keep on beating me to exactly the same punches and I'm going to start thinking you're a long lost brother of mine.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
All I can say is W O W!

I'm guessing that in order to be able to afford that TV, you also have to be able to afford the house in the video.

I looked it up. It's a bargain at only €500,000 (or $687,775 U.S.).

http://www.justluxe.com/lifestyle/electronics/feature-1643136.php

Hi

I must be truly out of touch. Has anyone actually has bought or is planning to buy this for their garden? I can see this as a commercial product but I am having a hard time with the concept of spending $700,000 for the TV alone, to watch it outside:confused:

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
-- It must be love, at first sight.

* How you doin' Jack, do you have a flat panel TV?

A few but nothing fancy and none larger than 42". I don't have a fancy projector either and my screen is crappy.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- It is true that some of the most ultra hi-fi stereo people in the biz aren't big on visuals.
...Perhaps they are plenty satisfied from their own powerful imagination (music reconstruction).

And it is also true that some of the best musicians/singers in the biz aren't into quality music sound systems, and quality home movie threaters.

* If I was rich enough, I would get that 201" LCD Porsche TV in my own backyard. ...And I truly mean that.
...Only for some special summer night reunions with well calibrated cinephiles.
...And warm spring and fall dark nights too. ...Even during the winter nights, but not here in Canada, more likely in Costa Rica.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
....well calibrated cinephiles.....I like that! Like have that screen and have your own little mini rave. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing