a Norwegian tale of the road to greater sound - by kaap

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Lazy lazy lazy :(

Days fly by, soon autum and then winter. jeez.. Soon xmas :/

Got this awesome doormat for my audioroom this summer for my bithday :)

View attachment 56654

Anywho.... just gonna post a resent photo form the "audio barn".. It's a bit messy, but I'm in the process of rebuilding/upgrading my speakers.
Meaning, wider baffle, new xover chassis, with new xover parts and new connectors.

(The blue ribbon is just a loading strap, holding some wooden boards, that the large new side panels rests against.... In other words.. work in progress :p )

View attachment 56655

Regards Kai
Is that a Manger wide bander? How do you like that?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Yes. Had Manger for about 15years, not the best on paper, but I have still not heard anything I want to trade out Manger with.

In the shortest of words; They play music, not hifi.

Regards Kai
I heard from a friend that they were exceptional. Did you ever try horn loading it per chance?

Vienna

Oct 14, 2018
Athens Greece
Great job and taste. Very nice space and system . Thank you for sharing

Jan 29, 2012
I've heard Manger based systems twice, and throughly enjoyed both sessions. Like Tannoy, they make music and not hifi. Congratulations on a well thought out and executed system and room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing