A 9/11 Rememberance

Jun 17, 2011
White Rock, New Mexico
HI All,
And a good Sunday morning to you all. Today is an interesting day. It's the tenth anniversary of 9/11. I saw an interesting program last night on Nova titled "The Engineering of Ground Zero". It was about the 9/11 memorial being constructed in NYC as well as the "NEW" World Trade Center. Good show.

I had lost track of the project during the nasty controversies at the beginning. But it looks like it's going to be a monument worthy of the event. I'm very glad. I'm sure everyone remembers where they were during that fateful morning.The evening of 9/11 I came home from work and my room mate was there. I said "Well I guess we're at war". With whom, he asked? I replied, I don't know but someone. And we are still fighting that war with no end in sight. A war we must win.

The 10 year anniversary also coincides with the first Sunday of the NFL season. Coincidence? I doubt it. Of course, the NFL chose the two most appropriate teams to play Sunday night in NYC amidst the anniversary remembrance. The Jets (who cares?) and my Dallas Cowboys, America's team, playing in a Nationally televised game. This could not be better. I'm locked and loaded for this season.

As identified as I am with the NYC citizens, I'm a Cowboy fan through and through. None of this romantic stuff for me!! I hope the Cowboys win big. Then we will deal with the sniffling Jet fans, no doubt, through some kind of community outreach program. :)

Sparky

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It's time for the Cowboys to admit they are not underachievers and are just mediocre. The Jets are a legitimate Super Bowl contender because they have a real coach not emasculated by the owner.

From a Redskins fan.

God bless the families of the 911 victims.

Jun 17, 2011
White Rock, New Mexico
It's time for the Cowboys to admit they are not underachievers and are just mediocre. The Jets are a legitimate Super Bowl contender because they have a real coach not emasculated by the owner.

From a Redskins fan.

God bless the families of the 911 victims.

HI Greg,
And this is coming from an unbiased Redskins fan? Isn't this like the pot calling the kettle black? Well, I like Mike Shanahan but I don't know if anybody can turn the Redskins around.

The truth is, I agree that the Jets are good. We will learn a lot about the Cowboys tonight.

Sparky

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The cowboys are mediocre. The 'skins are bad.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing