$100.00 to Wikipedia

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
$100 to Wikipedia. While doing research Wikipedia comes up as usual, and I use their service & I am pleased. They currently are asking for SMALL donations, but I really like them, therefore considering $100.
I do not see any SCAM indication as it is NOT an email, and the info comes up at the top when searching >>> & it is their URL http://en.wikipedia.org/.

Would others members comment on whether they see any SCAM Potential.

Thank you for any assistance,
zz.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I have seen that ad for a while. Seems legitimate to me. It's a good cause.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
$100 to Wikipedia. While doing research Wikipedia comes up as usual, and I use their service & I am pleased. They currently are asking for SMALL donations, but I really like them, therefore considering $100.
I do not see any SCAM indication as it is NOT an email, and the info comes up at the top when searching >>> & it is their URL http://en.wikipedia.org/.

Would others members comment on whether they see any SCAM Potential.

Thank you for any assistance,
zz.

I believe this is 100% legit. But just googling "Wikipedia donation solicitation scam" is a good idea just to be on the safe side.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
they do it every year.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
I believe this is 100% legit. But just googling "Wikipedia donation solicitation scam" is a good idea just to be on the safe side.

Thank you GaryProtein, edorr, Steve Williams, and ack.
Very interesting. I did what edorr suggested. The only thing that came up was: www.whatsbestforum.com Hmmmmmm. :)

The $100.00 donation is done. They sent an extremely nice email: "You are so fantastic. THANK YOU for supporting the Wikimedia Foundation, the non-profit that runs Wikipedia and its sister projects." etc. etc.

zz.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
No scam. Already donated. Takes you to a paypal page and in an instant you are done. I can't think of a web site that has taught me more. So it was with delight that I donated.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
No scam. Already donated. Takes you to a paypal page and in an instant you are done. I can't think of a web site that has taught me more. So it was with delight that I donated.

Never paid attention to that one.

Will donate, more than worthy a cause.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing