Tripoint troy signature grounding device

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The supply of Dalby's products is unstable too, so Chris is rather quiet on Dalby ground cables too.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Most Troy Signature owners in HK if having 2 or more of them, will use one for digital and one for analog components.
Of course diff systems will behave differently.

I use two posts of three for pre amp and phono, the third one for digitals. I dont hear any deteroriation in my analog from possible digital contamination. I have another Troy for a pair of monos that are five meters away. Ran out of grounding cables, I still havent ground my subwoofer amps.

The Dalby ground wire I saw was bigger than my wrist.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Can you maybe remember the retail prices of these Dalby grounding cables?

And Tripoint emperor grounding cable still reigns supreme, also in HK, as far as I know.

Sawasdee Audiocrack,

2 meters of Dalby flagship retails around £13,000.

You mentioned you are using a few Thor's. Do you use them with your amps and pre amp. Are your amps and pre amps solid stage or tube? And would you say using a few Thor's, tend to clean up sound and possibly make some system sounds a bit cold or lean. Apologize for these knit pick questions. I am deciding which way to go Thor or Dalby for my system. AE seems to recommend Dalby which is rich in tone and coherent as they described.

Best regards,
Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Sawasdee Audiocrack,

2 meters of Dalby flagship retails around £13,000.

You mentioned you are using a few Thor's. Do you use them with your amps and pre amp. Are your amps and pre amps solid stage or tube? And would you say using a few Thor's, tend to clean up sound and possibly make some system sounds a bit cold or lean. Apologize for these knit pick questions. I am deciding which way to go Thor or Dalby for my system. AE seems to recommend Dalby which is rich in tone and coherent as they described.

Best regards,
Tang

Hello Tang,

I have my Thor grounding cables connected to my two Kondo tube m1000 preamps, my Trinity combo and Lampizator Golden gate dac. I did not connect them to my Kondo pp and se Gakuoh poweramps because the Thor's are very heavy cables, the Gakuoh misses a dedicated grounding binding post and the screws of the Gakuoh are tiny.

I do not have any experience with the Dalby cables so do not know how good they are and how they compare to the Tripoint Thor grounding cables. What I do know is that the latter sound fantastic.

The Thor does not introduce any coldness or leanness in both my systems: on the contrary, while introducing better transparency and better dynamics due to the lower noisefloor all instruments are starting to sound more 'real', that is you get the feeling that the electronic equipment vanishes and the sound becomes more pure, liquid and smooth in a way that resembles instruments being played in front of you.

Does this answer your questions?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hello Tang,

I have my Thor grounding cables connected to my two Kondo tube m1000 preamps, my Trinity combo and Lampizator Golden gate dac. I did not connect them to my Kondo pp and se Gakuoh poweramps because the Thor's are very heavy cables, the Gakuoh misses a dedicated grounding binding post and the screws of the Gakuoh are tiny.

I do not have any experience with the Dalby cables so do not know how good they are and how they compare to the Tripoint Thor grounding cables. What I do know is that the latter sound fantastic.

The Thor does not introduce any coldness or leanness in both my systems: on the contrary, while introducing better transparency and better dynamics due to the lower noisefloor all instruments are starting to sound more 'real', that is you get the feeling that the electronic equipment vanishes and the sound becomes more pure, liquid and smooth in a way that resembles instruments being played in front of you.

Does this answer your questions?

Thank you so much Audiocrack. Information from you has been very valuable to me. I guess anyone who have tasted that "more real" sound would just want more of it.

Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thank you so much Audiocrack. Information from you has been very valuable to me. I guess anyone who have tasted that "more real" sound would just want more of it.

Tang

Please keep us posted, Tang, on your experiences with various grounding cables if you are going to try out different brands.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012

My experiences with the Thor SE are exactly the same. Can imagine what the Emperor would bring to the table...

Tang, I entirely support what Audiocrack has said. I have four Thor SEs and have found that I really need a fifth one. I have one on my amp, one on the preamp, one on the phono stage, and one on my music server and dac. I need another for directly on the dac. The dac is new and initially I used one of the original silver grounding cables to the dac. I had several people up from Houston and one wondered whether I could do any simple A/B comparison. I took the Silver off the dac and was about to return to my seat when she said 'please put it back!' I totally agree with what she said.

Later I thought that I could take the Thor SE off the phono stage and attach it to the dac. Wow, that improvement just left me in awe and resulted in my ordering another SE. I have since reattached the phono stage with it SE after listening to it with the Silver.

Each and every Thor SE has added more realism to the sound stage and definition to placement on the sound stage. One can hear the decay of notes, human noises, and the total character of the instruments. I find it quite difficult to read or do anything but listen to my music.

I should note that the Dalby ground cable is merely multi-strand wire, while the Thor SE has heavy shielding.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I should note that the Dalby ground cable is merely multi-strand wire, while the Thor SE has heavy shielding.

Sawasdee TBG,

I am very curious of this Dalby top cable. Only one way to find out right?

Tang

for my Tripoint Troy Signature, I do have 1 Thor Master Reference ground wire that I connect to my preamp. then 4 other standard Tripoint ground wires I use for (1) dac, (2) SGM server, (3) power supply of my tt, (4) the stainless steel arm board for my tone arm.

the Thor is a big jump over the others in performance. but it is $6k USD retail.

who you want to ask about this is member 'Audiocrack'. he has multiple Tripoint boxes (including the un-obtainium Emperor) plus multiple Thor and higher ground cables. I'm small time compared to him.

Mike, I now have four Thor SEs and a fifth on the way. I have repeatedly demonstrated how superior the Thor SE is over the Silver and this resulted always in my buying more Thor SEs. But the top grounding cable is beyond what I'm will to buy and thus I won't listen to one.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Sawasdee Audiocrack,

IMG_2899.JPG

I listened to the Dalby Celestial connecting from Pre to Troy for a few days already. This is replacing the normal silver ground wire. Obviously much better than the normal wire but I dont have and never tried the Thor so I dont have a reference point. The Dalby is bringing the realism of my system yet to another level. These grounding things are really addictive. I am goin to buy more grounding cables for my phono and amps.

Best regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Sawasdee Audiocrack,

View attachment 32651

I listened to the Dalby Celestial connecting from Pre to Troy for a few days already. This is replacing the normal silver ground wire. Obviously much better than the normal wire but I dont have and never tried the Thor so I dont have a reference point. The Dalby is bringing the realism of my system yet to another level. These grounding things are really addictive. I am goin to buy more grounding cables for my phono and amps.

Best regards,
Tang

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Best regards,
Tang

Congratulation!
You bought it via the local dealer or from Chris of Audioexotics Hong Kong? ;)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Congratulation!
You bought it via the local dealer or from Chris of Audioexotics Hong Kong? ;)
I have my agent bought from Chris AE.

Kind regards,
Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Sawasdee Audiocrack,

View attachment 32651

Best regards,
Tang

Glad tou like the Dalby grounding cables Tang. Don't you think it would be wise to try one of the better Tripoint grounding cables as well in order to find out which grounding cable you ultimately prefer?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
The q is more why at these price levels Tango wouldn't a/b Dalby v Troy SE
Esp w AE stocking both brands

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ha! Rudolph beaten me to the punch

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Glad tou like the Dalby grounding cables Tang. Don't you think it would be wise to try one of the better Tripoint grounding cables as well in order to find out which grounding cable you ultimately prefer?

As someone considering Dalby cables I'd like to second that; would dearly love to hear the results of such a comparison

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
As someone considering Dalby cables I'd like to second that; would dearly love to hear the results of such a comparison

I heard through the grapevine that the Dalby cables sound more 'romantic' than the Tripoint grounding cables. Have not heard any Dalby grounding cable myself though so I cannot comment based on my own experiences.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing