Tripoint troy signature grounding device

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Rudolph, nice to think so
I've never made the step up to Troy, but my current new room and pwr grid is so open, quiet and neutral, it would be fascinating to "(not) hear" it here
Entreq certainly isn't quite as dramatic here as it was in my appallingly electrically polluted Inner London apartment
My nearest neighbour is 30m away, and there are less than 50 houses in 10 sq km w no rampant 24/7 use of broadband locally
Balanced power is quite the performer here, and combination of this, low ambient noise, my mains impedance being v low, means any grounding solutions like Entreq or Troy are likely more surplus to requirements than back in my prev London miasma

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Mike is pretty far from any neighbor, runs balanced power, equitech, and benefited a lot from Tripoint

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Rudolph, nice to think so
I've never made the step up to Troy, but my current new room and pwr grid is so open, quiet and neutral, it would be fascinating to "(not) hear" it here
Entreq certainly isn't quite as dramatic here as it was in my appallingly electrically polluted Inner London apartment
My nearest neighbour is 30m away, and there are less than 50 houses in 10 sq km w no rampant 24/7 use of broadband locally
Balanced power is quite the performer here, and combination of this, low ambient noise, my mains impedance being v low, means any grounding solutions like Entreq or Troy are likely more surplus to requirements than back in my prev London miasma

You seem to have made quite some progress. Congrats! I would be very amazed if a high quality grounding device would not made a significant contribution to the sound quality of your new set up, but we cannot be sure untill you give it a try. Till then I bet it will be 'hear' and not '(not) hear'.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Rudolph, the room I've got seriously SERIOUSLY lucky on
No real acoustic planning, just carving the space out and loading up eaves, walls and flr w Kingspan and Rockwool
Somehow the combination of size and descending eaves line has given me the biggest boost in the arm I could have dreamed of
Add to that 8kVA balanced pwr and 6 Oyaides dedicated lines/6 Furutech duplexes, I know have an acoustics environment that majors on transparency and imaging, and a power foundation that enhances heft and solidity
The combination most critically is really calm and quiet, enabling all upstream changes to really demonstrate their worth or not
So Sablon Reservas cbl loom really enhanced here, Symposium Rollerblocks excellent, Entreq grounding more borderline, Shun Mooks Diamond Resonators deleterious (poor no matter whether under cdp, pre or 18" X 18" 160lb big mother transformer)
And the trial w active isoln under cdp really fits into the highly effective camp
When I a/b v the passive soln I'm looking at, these isoln data points of active, Rollerblocks and Mooks will be in my mind
Troy is something I might get around to, but no rush at present

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Rudolph, the room I've got seriously SERIOUSLY lucky on
No real acoustic planning, just carving the space out and loading up eaves, walls and flr w Kingspan and Rockwool
Somehow the combination of size and descending eaves line has given me the biggest boost in the arm I could have dreamed of
Add to that 8kVA balanced pwr and 6 Oyaides dedicated lines/6 Furutech duplexes, I know have an acoustics environment that majors on transparency and imaging, and a power foundation that enhances heft and solidity
The combination most critically is really calm and quiet, enabling all upstream changes to really demonstrate their worth or not
So Sablon Reservas cbl loom really enhanced here, Symposium Rollerblocks excellent, Entreq grounding more borderline, Shun Mooks Diamond Resonators deleterious (poor no matter whether under cdp, pre or 18" X 18" 160lb big mother transformer)
And the trial w active isoln under cdp really fits into the highly effective camp
When I a/b v the passive soln I'm looking at, these isoln data points of active, Rollerblocks and Mooks will be in my mind
Troy is something I might get around to, but no rush at present

This all sounds very good. I am happy for you.

Furthermore I hope you will be able to try a Tripoint grounding unit somewhere in the future. Likely you will be very pleasantly surprised.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Signal grounding and active/passive isoln are two big areas of interest
Obv the former is Troy territory
W the room and grid at a stroke quenching the need to go further component upgrading, funds more available for these final frontier purchases

Anyway, back to the current programme
Surely there is an opportunity going begging re Troy SE v top Dalby a/b
Or am I trying to spend Tango's money ?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
This all sounds very good. I am happy for you.

Furthermore I hope you will be able to try a Tripoint grounding unit somewhere in the future. Likely you will be very pleasantly surprised.

+1.

as I've said previously many times, while the Entreq gear is very good and I'm happy where I use it in my system, the Tripoint has about the same greater positive effect as the price difference between the 2 products, which is a factor of x5.

I do like that the steps into Entreq are not so spendy, one can build up the benefit in smaller $$$ bites.

no regrets with either product.

all that said; both of these products best fit into an otherwise mature system where subtle steps forward are easily appreciated. they are not plug and play blindly anywhere and are system tuning products and do not do the heavy lifting.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Glad tou like the Dalby grounding cables Tang. Don't you think it would be wise to try one of the better Tripoint grounding cables as well in order to find out which grounding cable you ultimately prefer?

Sawasdee Rudolph,

Indeed it would. AE said there will soon be an upper model than the Thor but below the Emperor ground wire coming out. Possibly during the coming AE show. If I am not too quick tempered and buy more Dalby..haha, then we can do the comparison. I dont know the price of the new model though, my budget limit is set at the Dalbys.

The fit n finish of this Dalby is very RitzCarlton, not that I care so much of. I dont know if it sounds romantic comparing to the Thor. I sure know it get me more more involved with music while listening. I can hear fingering flesh on strings of guitar more realistically. Its also good at fooling my brain to imagine the atmosphere of the recording venue.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The q is more why at these price levels Tango wouldn't a/b Dalby v Troy SE
Esp w AE stocking both brands

Sawasdee Spirit,

Because AE doesnt stock both wires and prefer to recommend Dalby. Plus they are waiting to launch the new wire from Tripoint.
Actually, Rudolph very kindly offered me some of his Thor, but I thought his gesture was too generous. Too nice of him. I couldnt possibly take.

You are very lucky you dont have much problem with electricity and grounding issues.

Best regards,
Tang

I know what is in Dalby grounding cables as well as what goes in the Tripoint Thor SEs and have compared the latter to the Tripoint Siver grounding wires. I suspect that the Dalby would be okay but inferior as it is just a large number of quality wires. The original Tripoint silvers are just polished silver wire. The Tripoint Thor SE are highly shielded grounds so that there is no EMI or RFI alterations of the grounds. I have four of these and in each case listened to the original silvers and then added the Thor SE. In every case there was a massive improvement. It was of such a magnitude that I really found it unbelievable. I have invited many friends over to hear what I've been hearing and always hear statements like, "That is incredible,' "Put the thick one back, quickly!", "I've never sound like this!"

You really should consider the Tripoint Thor SE before going all out with the Dalby rounds. There at least once was an even better ground that was frightfully expensive wire that I have never heard and honestly will never make any effort to listen to as I know my financial limits. But I suspect it might be greatly better yet. All that I suspect is that grounds are essential to reproduction of music as they are so corrupted by EMI and RFI. At one time I thought about making my entire listening room into a ferriday cage. Of course this would not be very acceptable to my wife.

Sawasdee Spirit,

Because AE doesnt stock both wires and prefer to recommend Dalby. Plus they are waiting to launch the new wire from Tripoint.
Actually, Rudolph very kindly offered me some of his Thor, but I thought his gesture was too generous. Too nice of him. I couldnt possibly take.

You are very lucky you dont have much problem with electricity and grounding issues.

Best regards,
Tang

Tang, your statement, "Because AE doesn't stock both wires and prefers to recommend Dalby." suggests that you need to make your own judgment.

I use two posts of three for pre amp and phono, the third one for digitals. I dont hear any deteroriation in my analog from possible digital contamination. I have another Troy for a pair of monos that are five meters away. Ran out of grounding cables, I still havent ground my subwoofer amps.

The Dalby ground wire I saw was bigger than my wrist.

Tang, I'm sorry to be so late in my comments.

I now have six Thor SE grounding cable with three going to my digital. One to the music server and to its power supply and the third to my dac. One goes to the preamp and another to the amp. The final goes to my phono stage. Actually one of these is a prototype of a new Thor. It goes to the amp and was strikingly better there rather than on the Dac and is too short to try to the phono stage.

I have tried the Entreg grounding units and hear some benefit, but they, IMHO should only be considered if you cannot afford the Tripoint units.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, your statement, "Because AE doesn't stock both wires and prefers to recommend Dalby." suggests that you need to make your own judgment.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for suggesting me I should make my own judgement.
There were various factors influencing purchasing decisions that I will not disclose. The arrangement is between me, my agent and AE.

I received many valuable inputs regarding the Tripoint Thor wire from members in this forum. You, if I am not mistaken, are not just a user who could easily get access to Tripoint products, but also a reviewer who positively reviewed and recommended them. There is nothing wrong about that. So, taking your recommendation is no difference to taking others including AE's. On the other hand I also received inputs from those who actually use Dalby. They tend to not bashing on the Thor but focusing on their experience with the Dalby and enjoy what they hear though. :rolleyes:

Kind regards,
Tang

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Well said.
There really is no need to knock a competitor's product in the pursuit of hyping your own preference. I am reliably informed that unless one has visited Dalby's place of manufacture and seen the process involved in building his cables then one really has no idea what goes into his work

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There's more knocking of Entreq from Troy and prob vice versa than any amount of Dalby v Troy
I remain perplexed that at this level of expenditure, w both brands stocked by AE, why any potential buyer wouldn't want to audition both
Then again, my thoughts on all uber priced cables, epitomised by cost of Troy SE and Dalby Celestial won't make an appearance on this thread
Tango loves the Dalbys, and that's all that matters
I'm obsessed now by active and passive isoln to gear, and at $5k/component and up to 7-9 components to potentially isolate, this can easily be criticised
But I'd never spend on the first platform that came my way w'out demoing against a couple of alternatives first

Spirit, I am not touting either cable although I have only heard what the various Tripoint grounds sound like. But I had heard what I quoted from Tang. I fully think that if one is in the market for this level of grounding cable one should seek to hear both. I had no idea that Tang liked the Dalby grounds. Actually, all I knew was his statement, "Because AE doesn't stock both wires and prefers to recommend Dalby."

I only know Entrec versus Tripoint. I don't think Dalby is available in the USA.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
There is no easy access to Tripoint products in Thailand because no direct dealer. I am probably the only person who uses Tripoint here. Current I have two Troys and a pair of Empress. I had my agent fly to HK to listen to them before I purchased. I trust my agent. His duty is also to find me an exit when I dont like a product.

Everyone is different. For me if I were to fly to HK I would rather take my kid to Disneyland than to a/b the wire. What I like is testing a product in my own system. If that means I have to buy it then so be it.

My system now sounds better with the Dalby. I wouldn't say I am in love with it just yet. I still want to flirt with different wire.

Best regards,
Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
There is no easy access to Tripoint products in Thailand because no direct dealer. I am probably the only person who uses Tripoint here. Current I have two Troys and a pair of Empress. I had my agent fly to HK to listen to them before I purchased. I trust my agent. His duty is also to find me an exit when I dont like a product.

Everyone is different. For me if I were to fly to HK I would rather take my kid to Disneyland than to a/b the wire. What I like is testing a product in my own system. If that means I have to buy it then so be it.

My system now sounds better with the Dalby. I wouldn't say I am in love with it just yet. I still want to flirt with different wire.

Best regards,
Tang

Flirtations make (audio) life interesting.

Dalby Audio

May 30, 2017
Just to clarify, Dalby Audio supply products direct in Europe and USA. Or through Audioexotics if you reside in the far east.

Kindest Regards

Lee Dalby

Tang, I live in Texas and there is no Tripoint or Dalby dealer anywhere near me or for that matter no audio dealers other than Best Buys near. Our shows are the only real way to hear products and even then side by side comparisons are typically impossible and in rooms that often harm the sound.

I am not in the least being critical of you but I do know what Tripoints has done for my sound. I would also add that High Fidelity Cables, Avari electronics, H-Cat amps and preamps, Zilplex room treatments, Star Sound Tech Audio Points and racks, DSD digital, and porcelain isolators play roles.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing