The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Better pace Phil since her character and Michaels needed less screen time to develop with introductions out of the way. I don't wanna spill any spoilers by accident so I'll shut my trap. You wanna borrow the DVD? You don't have to wait y'know :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Better pace Phil since her character and Michaels needed less screen time to develop with introductions out of the way. I don't wanna spill any spoilers by accident so I'll shut my trap. You wanna borrow the DVD? You don't have to wait y'know :)

Thanks, Jack. I got it on streaming video on the web. Same site I saw the first one. Better pace...Sounds more exciting! I should finish the movie by tomorrow. :)

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Did not like the second one (..played with fire) much at all. Lost the most interesting part of #1 which was girl's relationship w/reporter by keeping them separate most of the movie, and basically devolves like the first into 'just another psycho killer' flick. Only thing that elevated the first to me above standard grisly fare was the relationship as noted and the two lead performances, Naomi Rapace particularly.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There were two significant characters I found all too formulaic. Okay I'm shutting my trap now. Lemme know when you watch it Phil! My lip is bleeding.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Outside of the central relationship, I think the whole thing(s) is formulaic, so it really comes down to style of the storytelling and performances. And I find the style more workmanlike than inspired.

We'll see what Fincher does with the American version.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
David Fincher is on tap to do it. They wanted to cast Naomi Rapace but she turned them down.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568346/

Don't know about the lead, but great cast otherwise. Would be surprised if Daniel Craig wasn't excellent as the reporter. The writer, Steve Zaillian has an oscar or two I think.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
why would they want to do a remake of this film which is only 2 years old?

It reminds me of that lame movie out of England two years ago called Death At A Funeral. No sooner than a few weeks out of the box office the same titled movie showed up with all African American actors. What gives with stuff like that. And if no Noomi Rapace what's the point of seeing it

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
At an average cost of $75m or so a pic, Hollywood has become entirely risk adverse. Decisions are made on modeled predicted domestic returns and overseas appeal (already tested and known in this case) with an eye always toward creating a 'franchise', which this would be.

As an aside, if you haven't seen it, check out 'Layer Cake' with Daniel Craig. It's the movie that secured him James Bond, and it's got the best opening 15 min. of any film I saw in '05. The rest is great too.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Love CR too -- you can skip the tranquilizers though, very different kind of opening.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Agreed. Unfortunately, I thought Quantum of Solace was lousy -- bereft of any of the pleasures of Bond. CRs director Martin Campbell also did the best Pierce Brosnan Bond in Goldeneye.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
No storyline to follow. Not a single moment or character registered. Sam Mendes (American Beauty) is an interesting choice to direct #3, we'll see. Hope it's not as hurried and generic.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There were two significant characters I found all too formulaic. Okay I'm shutting my trap now. Lemme know when you watch it Phil! My lip is bleeding.

Just finished the movie, Jack. You can unseal your lips now. LOL

Is there still a part 3 to this?

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Part 3 is already made and has been released, I think, in Europe already.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing